Touring Pricing - Page 2 - 2019 Honda Insight Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by isitlive View Post
I offered $27K plus fee to Dublin Honda but no go. I emailed Elk grove Honda and got a offered EPRICE-$26,093.00 plus fees and any dealer added accessories. I was affraid after drive 2hrs up to the dealer they ad other add on since their quote so low.
Shop your lowest offer around to other Honda dealerships(at least 5) nearby. It doesn't hurt to see what kind of response they will reply back with. You will have a backup and an idea of what is a fair price for the car in your market. Another tip is to ask for the "out the door" price when requesting a quote. It makes comparing prices easier because each dealership can have varying fees that can make the lowest offer end up with the highest total cost.

2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl) Insight #10,330
Manufactured 9/2018, Bought 12/28/2018

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:16 AM

2019 Touring

Good Morning all. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2019 Touring model. When I left the dealership yesterday I had the vehicle at 24,905 before any TTL etc. That put me at 28,085 out the door including all taxes, fees, etc. I think I am getting a great deal but I am asking for opinions. Also does anyone know how much Honda charges for GAP insurance? I researched and I cant find it at all. Thank you all!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasnc84 View Post
Good Morning all. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2019 Touring model. When I left the dealership yesterday I had the vehicle at 24,905 before any TTL etc. That put me at 28,085 out the door including all taxes, fees, etc. I think I am getting a great deal but I am asking for opinions. Also does anyone know how much Honda charges for GAP insurance? I researched and I cant find it at all. Thank you all!
That sounds good to me, but it all kind of depends on what state your in. You’ll want to check out this thread to see what others have paid. https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/12...ce-points.html

2019 Orchid White Pearl Touring
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
As far as the price for the Touring, from what I remember, it seems to be near the lowest reported price on the forum, so it's a good price. Have you try getting out the door quotes from multiple dealerships? That's the best way to know you're getting a fair price in your market and helps when negotiating. I have never bought GAP insurance so I don't have any info to give on that.

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

This short thread also has a few recent prices for the Touring in VA, which seem to be the lowest posted so far (24.7k) - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/12...ices-paid.html

Your Touring price is within the range mentioned there, and is right around the MSRP for a lower trim EX. But keep in mind that the 2019 model year for the Insight ends in 7-8 weeks, and deals should get even better closer to Jun/Jul. Maybe you can work this negotiation point further...
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:44 PM

We just bought a 2019 Insight Touring at a dealership in Memphis who had four touring models on their lot (3 black & the white orchid pearl with the light interior that I got). Hubby negotiated a great deal with us getting out the door with taxes, licensing, etc. for $1500 less than sticker price. We've purchased Hondas over the years and have never gotten out the door for less than sticker prior to the following year models coming out. We hadn't gone in to buy a car but just to drive the Insight since we had already driven the Nissan Leaf and given up on getting a Model 3 Tesla at a price that made any sense. However, after first driving the EX then driving the Touring version, we fell in love with the Touring model. We didn't really need another car right now since we have a 2017 Ridgeline RTL-E and a GMC truck for hauling construction materials around but decided to see how much we could negotiate on the price. It took us leaving for lunch and coming back later to get an offer within $500 of our offer. We split the difference and got some free oil changes and car washes plus they got us a great rate for a loan from Capital One that was better than Honda Financing was offering on the hybrid cars. I'm so glad we moved forward and got the car. It's fun to drive and looks great also!

2019 Honda Insight Touring - White Orchid Pearl - Ivory Leather
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E - White Diamond Pearl - Beige Leather
Previously owned 2008 Honda CRV and many other Hondas since 1985
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:31 PM

My wife is a proud new owner of Touring Insight

First post

Just finalized on a white 2019 brand new Insight Touring for $27k flat, out the door all taxes and fees covered. All I am required to do is get plates. This was from a dealer in Alabama. This was their last 2019 and the finance guy stated they sell very few Insights. We live in truck country.

We opted out of any additional warranties or add-on. Not sure if I will regret but I read somewhere online here, put the money away that they would charge for the ext warranty to take care of unforeseen expenses.

Hoping the car lives up to the mileage claims. My wife is not heavy footed. Hopefully she can exceed the EPA numbers.

This gives others an idea on a baseline for a model end of year price point. 2020 models have already arrived at other dealers near us.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgriesi View Post
This gives others an idea on a baseline for a model end of year price point. 2020 models have already arrived at other dealers near us.
Thanks for sharing the detail, and congrats to you both on the new car.

You're right that one of the schools of thought on warranties is to save the difference and use it for future repairs. The other philosophy is to buy the coverage.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgriesi View Post
First post

Just finalized on a white 2019 brand new Insight Touring for $27k flat, out the door all taxes and fees covered. All I am required to do is get plates. This was from a dealer in Alabama. This was their last 2019 and the finance guy stated they sell very few Insights. We live in truck country.

We opted out of any additional warranties or add-on. Not sure if I will regret but I read somewhere online here, put the money away that they would charge for the ext warranty to take care of unforeseen expenses.

Hoping the car lives up to the mileage claims. My wife is not heavy footed. Hopefully she can exceed the EPA numbers.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your wife's new car! You've until your limited 3 year/36k warranty is close to running out to decide if you want Honda Care. If you buy it before 6,000 miles you get it at a lower price. There's a handful of online Honda Care dealers that sell them in bulk that offer better prices vs your local dealership. Check out this post of mine in the Honda Care thread for pricing. https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/12...html#post24492

Feel free to ask the community here any questions you guys have about the car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page