Morning-under 10mph I hear a "dub-dub" sound? Brakes? Tires? - Page 3 - 2019 Honda Insight Forum
 3Likes

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 12:33 PM

Garage
Just to rule it out, I'm assuming you've checked air pressure in all 4 tires. If it's a front tire, have someone roll the car slowly with the wheel at full turn, and inspect the tread.

2019 Insight EX, Aegean Blue (Owned by my someday wife)
General Automotive knowledge, Degree in Autobody, worked in Electronics for the past 10 years.
Retired Professional Car Audio Competitor. Avid knowledge buff, always researching something.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

I'm at the Pro Tire shop right now. It's hard to replicate that dub-dub sound bc I hear it only first thing in the morning when I roll out very slowly out of my driveway. I'll update in a sec if it is the snow tires
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Update.
The snow tires are fine. No puncture, no nails, air pressure good.

They told me to goto the Honda dealership and see if they can diagnos the "dub dub" sound at below 10mph first thing in the morning.

The tire place says it maybe the front bearings? They raised the car on a lift and roatated manually the 4 tires individually and heard (faintly something inside the brake suspension housing??). They told me to goto the Honda dealership and let them decide.

This sucks.
If it is the bearings, doesn't that get liyd as I speed increases? I can only hear that dub dub noise below 10mph and first thing I roll off my driveway. I park outside all the time
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcLab1 View Post
Update.
The snow tires are fine. No puncture, no nails, air pressure good.

They told me to goto the Honda dealership and see if they can diagnos the "dub dub" sound at below 10mph first thing in the morning.

The tire place says it maybe the front bearings? They raised the car on a lift and roatated manually the 4 tires individually and heard (faintly something inside the brake suspension housing??). They told me to goto the Honda dealership and let them decide.

This sucks.
If it is the bearings, doesn't that get liyd as I speed increases? I can only hear that dub dub noise below 10mph and first thing I roll off my driveway. I park outside all the time
My car is parked outside all the time, too. I don't hear any unusual sound when I start driving 10mph down my street. At least your tires are okay.

2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl) Insight #10,330
Manufactured 9/2018, Bought 12/28/2018

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Typically yes - bearing issues sound more pronounced at higher speed. But maybe your issue is so faint that it's currently noticeable at low speed, and is still present but higher pitch/frequency that goes unnoticed at faster speed (?).

How many miles do you have on your car now? I recall you have long/highway daily drives. Is the road quality decent, or do you recall running over anything of significance?
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightfully View Post
Quote:
Typically yes - bearing issues sound more pronounced at higher speed. But maybe your issue is so faint that it's currently noticeable at low speed, and is still present but higher pitch/frequency that goes unnoticed at faster speed (?).

How many miles do you have on your car now? I recall you have long/highway daily drives. Is the road quality decent, or do you recall running over anything of significance?
2019 Touring trim. Bought brand new. Now I have 21k miles now.
I don't recall hitting any thing.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page