TPMS Calibration - 2019 Honda Insight Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

TPMS Calibration

Im not a fan of the factory options for wheels on the insight.

Can I fit the insight with aftermarket wheels and still operate the TPS system? IF so How is this accomplished?
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:43 PM

The Insight and the Civic use a TPMS system that doesn’t require a tire sensor. Instead it looks at the wheel RPM. You can reset the TPMS from the information display after you change tires/wheels
Ukturf likes this.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 04:27 PM

TPMS Calibration

I’ve done the TPMS calibration in the settings twice now but have yet to see any data on the instrument panel or the HondaLink App telling me the pressure of each tire. Am I dong something wrong? Is it when designed to display the individual tire pressure anywhere?

2019 Honda Insight Touring | White Orchid Pearl | Black Leather | 15% Tint

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 05:42 PM

based on the manual, I think it's just an indicator if a tire might be low. It will tell you which tire(s) are affected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 4.41.10 PM.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 4.40.54 PM.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 4.40.47 PM.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	360  

2019 Lunar Silver Insight Touring (#7,483)
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgldan View Post
based on the manual, I think it's just an indicator if a tire might be low. It will tell you which tire(s) are affected.

I read that but from what things were showing on the website, it looked as if the HondaLink App should show each individual tire pressure. Maybe not on this particular model... Which I find odd. Being a hybrid, you strive to achieve superior fuel economy and having properly inflated tires are part of making that happen. Odd.

At least I know nothing's wrong with it.... Working exactly as it should.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=Johudso7;2694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgldan View Post

I read that but from what things were showing on the website, it looked as if the HondaLink App should show each individual tire pressure. Maybe not on this particular model... Which I find odd. Being a hybrid, you strive to achieve superior fuel economy and having properly inflated tires are part of making that happen. Odd.

At least I know nothing's wrong with it.... Working exactly as it should. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/images/NO_BRAND/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG][/QUOTE

Yeah it's looking like they skipped the actual readings on this one and all it does is let you know when you have low pressure.

No matter where you go, there you are. Check out my Insight YouTube channel Verdier400. Or catch me at http://www.bitchute.com/verdier400
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
TPMS Calibration

I went into the vehicle settings after adjusting tire pressure, and started the tpms calibration. I'm not sure if I did it correctly because the software doesn't provide any feedback/confirmation that the calibration has started. After I hit the calibrate button, it just goes back to the vehicle settings menu.

Anybody here have any experience using the tpms calibration?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

I think a message only shows up if the "calibration failed to start." If that failure message comes up, the instruction is to re-select the calibration options and try again. Otherwise, the calibration finishes automatically after 30 min of 30-60 mph driving.
andrew28 likes this.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 11:25 PM

Agreed. That's how it responded to me when I recalibrated.
andrew28 likes this.

No matter where you go, there you are. Check out my Insight YouTube channel Verdier400. Or catch me at http://www.bitchute.com/verdier400
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 05:34 PM

Just swapped tires out summer to winter... just plopped them off and plopped the winter set on... no codes thrown

Although I did get a TPMS light the first week I owned the car... Learning curve that the TPMS runs off the hub and not sensors within the tire... Sure makes it nice swapping tires and not having to deal with TPMS sensors within the tire.

2019 Pearl White Insight

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page