7Likes

post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightfully View Post
Ha, Google says "🤪" is a 'grinning face with one large and one small eye'

I concur!
That explains it... I guess I have to google @Verdier 's secret codes to see what hidden emoji he left.
I was being a touring snob. You know. "Mine's bigger than yours". It was suppose to be me sticking my tongue out at you since I'm obviously better than you and get all the cool app features. 😉

No matter where you go, there you are. Check out my Insight YouTube channel Verdier400. Or catch me at http://www.bitchute.com/verdier400
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasarad View Post
I'm on Android. Yep - I've uninstalled/reinstalled, deleted and re-added the phone to the car, and no luck. I'm waiting for it to just start working like it did for a couple months last year. There's not much data I really care about as I have an EX, so I'll just deal with not having it.
I just noticed on iOS, Honda pushed out a new update today, the app also got a redesign. Maybe they did the same for Android and fixed some bugs, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdier View Post
I was being a touring snob. You know. "Mine's bigger than yours". It was suppose to be me sticking my tongue out at you since I'm obviously better than you and get all the cool app features. 😉
I was confused earlier because on my desktop it displays a bunch of random letters & numbers(
Code:
🤪
) but on my iPhone I can see the emoji.

2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl) Insight #10,330
Manufactured 9/2018, Bought 12/28/2018

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew28 View Post
I just noticed on iOS, Honda pushed out a new update today, the app also got a redesign. Maybe they did the same for Android and fixed some bugs, too.
Just downloaded it. It's nice!
  • More native iOS GUI elements
  • Good in-app explanations of the various paid subscriptions. Looks like you can purchase the subscription from within the app now, although still with the same unfortunately vague iconography during checkout.
  • Data on your car like range, lock state, odometer, and oil life is upfront, without having to scroll down.
  • Connections to my iOS calendar... looks like it wants me to have an upcoming event with a location. Maybe this sends location to the Color Audio Display, for the Garmin-based maps?
  • Looks like remote engine start, door lock/unlock, and locate are now hidden behind a tab. I don't mind this since the tap/swipe target is displayed immediately. And it looks like they've added an informative progress bar, which helps since those functions still appear to work slowly.
  • Too bad they didn't change the hideous main icon.

2019 Lunar Silver Insight Touring (#7,483)

Last edited by mgldan; 03-25-2019 at 09:44 PM.
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:11 AM

Say, how concerned should we be about data privacy, Honda AND 3rd party tracking, come-ons, etc.?

The Connected Services blurbs certainly describe a HUGE amount of data being gathered and provided to others!
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Bond View Post
Say, how concerned should we be about data privacy, Honda AND 3rd party tracking, come-ons, etc.?

The Connected Services blurbs certainly describe a HUGE amount of data being gathered and provided to others!
Considering Google app is listening to you all the time, I've just decided to live with the fact I have a tracker on my hip and that at any second a saucer will come down and give me an anal probe. 😏

No matter where you go, there you are. Check out my Insight YouTube channel Verdier400. Or catch me at http://www.bitchute.com/verdier400
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Bond View Post

You don't really have a choice if you want to use the services they provide. I'm hoping whatever data Honda gathers from my car is use to provide improvements and bug fixes.

2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl) Insight #10,330
Manufactured 9/2018, Bought 12/28/2018

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.

Last edited by andrew28; 03-26-2019 at 10:18 PM.
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 07:11 PM

Anyone else noticed that fuel amount and range doesn't update in the new hondalink app? Or is it just me? I sent a bug report in so I'll let you guys know what's up. Either way the update is a significant improvement.

post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Anyone else noticed that fuel amount and range doesn't update in the new hondalink app? Or is it just me? I sent a bug report in so I'll let you guys know what's up. Either way the update is a significant improvement.
Mine hasn't updated since November, but at least I know where I parked. I've pretty much given up on the Hondalink app at this point.

2019 Orchid White Pearl Insight EX #6937, Warren County, New Jersey
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:02 PM

Garage
Me too. Itís just not worth the effort, so I removed the app from my phone.

2019 Orchid White Pearl Touring
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
The fuel amount and range on mine are up to date. I do notice that the picture of the car in the middle of the screen says "Last Updated at 11:21 AM", which is troubling, since I turned off the car around 9 PM today.

If I haven't mentioned it already, I like the more informative progress bar for locking the car. Face ID also can be used in place of entering the PIN, which saves me a step when doing any of the remote actions.

2019 Lunar Silver Insight Touring (#7,483)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page