HondaLink Enrollment, Set-Up & Experiences - Page 5 - 2019 Honda Insight Forum
 7Likes

post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttelz View Post
I'm having trouble registering for hondalink... I just got my car yesterday and it says invalid Vin... I take it the dealer has to notify honda that particular vehicle is sold before I can register???
Yes, maybe prompt your dealer on this so it happens more quickly. The original poster for this thread, @Insight'nAround , flagged this type of issue even 2 months after purchase. Late dealer paperwork submission seemed to be the cause.

Another thing to try might be a factory reset, which helped correct a system update issue, and may help 'reset' things for your system - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/29...ate-issue.html
post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-25-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightfully View Post
Yes, maybe prompt your dealer on this so it happens more quickly. The original poster for this thread, @Insight'nAround , flagged this type of issue even 2 months after purchase. Late dealer paperwork submission seemed to be the cause.

Another thing to try might be a factory reset, which helped correct a system update issue, and may help 'reset' things for your system - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/29...ate-issue.html
Yes I already did a factory reset trying to resolve the kmh/mph issue so that didn't work. It does say on the app when I get into the car that its connected to...and then lists the VIN. So that seems to be working right.
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:52 PM

Quick update on my hondalink escapade...

It's been a week and 3 days since my purchase and hondalink keeps saying my Vin is invalid for registration. I've emailed the dealer numerous times and they want me to bring the car in...no way, I don't have time for that... Called the honda service line lastnight and they opened a ticket as they're encountering the same issue as me.

This morning as a parked my car I got a prompt to sign into a network which popped up a AT&T enrollment for 3 free months of data. So I finished that. I now see that in my hondalink app on my car that I'm enrolled and subscribed..however the app is still not registering my Vin yet.

I'm hoping it'll be fixed in the next day or two.

I guess it makes sense that honda locks the app down so nobody could test drive the car and register the vehicle to their phone then go back and steal it later? But man this is taking awhile...
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I guess it makes sense that honda locks the app down so nobody could test drive the car and register the vehicle to their phone then go back and steal it later? But man this is taking awhile...
Do you recall if you also have an account on the Honda Owners site? A Clarity owner mentions that synchronizing and/or updating account info helped to resolve delayed HondaLink Registration. May be worth trying while you're waiting...?

https://www.insideevsforum.com/commu...s-solved.3225/
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightfully View Post
Quote:
Do you recall if you also have an account on the Honda Owners site? A Clarity owner mentions that synchronizing and/or updating account info helped to resolve delayed HondaLink Registration. May be worth trying while you're waiting...?

https://www.insideevsforum.com/commu...s-solved.3225/
That's a great link. I went ahead and logged into my account and added my vehicle but no luck. Maybe they do an hourly data load or something so I'll maybe check it again tonight and tomorrow.
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
That's a great link. I went ahead and logged into my account and added my vehicle but no luck. Maybe they do an hourly data load or something so I'll maybe check it again tonight and tomorrow.
Have you try signing out of the app, delete the app, reinstall the app, and sign back in after adding the vehicle to your Honda owners account online? The Hondalink app is kind of glitchy and you can see the poor reviews on the app store.

2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl) Insight #10,330
Manufactured 9/2018, Bought 12/28/2018

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I don't think this problem is unique to your vehicle. If you check the newest app reviews for Hondalink on both Android and iOS you will see lots of other people complaining about "invalid VIN". Honda may have broke something during their previous update. I've noticed they pushed out a new app update yesterday.

2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl) Insight #10,330
Manufactured 9/2018, Bought 12/28/2018

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:26 AM

At like 11pm last night I was finally able to enter my Vin on the hondalink website and get to the trial page and select my plan. The app now recognizes my vehicle and I have remote access! So all is working! Man the app takes forever to update....
andrew28 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page