HondaLink Enrollment, Set-Up & Experiences - 2019 Honda Insight Forum
 7Likes

post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

HondaLink Enrollment, Set-Up & Experiences

Hi Folks,
I have the HondaLink app installed on my phone and it is paired with my Insight Touring. The Basic and Link functions work fine, but the Security, Remote, and Concierge require enrollment and here is where I am running into my issue because I cannot enroll. I don't even have the trial period active yet. When I press the HondaLink button in the car it just tells me to enroll.

I called Honda subscription services about a month ago and after they identified my car as an Insight they told me these tiers aren't available yet and didn't give an ETA?

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue, or is anyone currently using the Security, Remote, or Concierge tiers on their Insight?
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 06:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight'nAround View Post
Hi Folks,
I have the HondaLink app installed on my phone and it is paired with my Insight Touring. The Basic and Link functions work fine, but the Security, Remote, and Concierge require enrollment and here is where I am running into my issue because I cannot enroll. I don't even have the trial period active yet. When I press the HondaLink button in the car it just tells me to enroll.

I called Honda subscription services about a month ago and after they identified my car as an Insight they told me these tiers aren't available yet and didn't give an ETA?

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue, or is anyone currently using the Security, Remote, or Concierge tiers on their Insight?
Mine are all working under the trial. 3 months for concierge and remote. One year for security. I donít recall what I had to do to get them working, but I remember deleting and reinstalling the app on my phone. Have you checked to see if you are allowing the app on your phone access to your location, etc.?

2019 Orchid White Pearl Touring
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quick update - finally able to enroll via the HondaLink app just now. I also got an email last night confirming my trial subscription to SiriusXM which clued me in. Looks like my dealership was just slow to submit the paperwork.
Thanks!
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 10:25 PM

I hate how expensive it is! I don't want to let myself enjoy the Remote tier (remote start from anywhere, lock/unlock from anywhere, activate lights/horn anywhere to find your car in a parking garage) because it costs $110/year after the trial ends. That's Netflix for a whole year!
Racork likes this.

2019 Lunar Silver Insight Touring (#7,483)
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 08:58 PM

I gave in and ordered it when the trial expired. It's actually $110 + tax. Grr.

On iOS, the in-app purchase screen is basically useless. They display these tiny icons next to the names of the paid tiers (Security, Remote, and Concierge). But the iconography for the Remote and Security tiers was identical, which didn't help me figure out which features were included with each tier. I assume the icons are based on the ones used at the HondaLink website (https://hondalink.honda.com/#/compat...&model=Insight).

It's also difficult to determine how to select what to purchase. The checkmark you have to tap is the size of the little Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar of your iPhone, and it's just floating there.

I also wanted the service to be instantly available after I paid. It's a digital good! It didn't arrive until 15 minutes after I ordered it. I was buying it on the walk back to my car.

2019 Lunar Silver Insight Touring (#7,483)
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

For those who use it, what features do you like and have used most in the HondaLink app to make it worth the subscription? I haven't yet wanted to get hooked on subscription features unless they were "life-changing" to my ownership experience.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightfully View Post
For those who use it, what features do you like and have used most in the HondaLink app to make it worth the subscription? I haven't yet wanted to get hooked on subscription features unless they were "life-changing" to my ownership experience.
Being in Maine and the fact I work at the mall I found it worth it for the remote start feature. I love my car too much to park it amid all the other cars during Christmas season, and anyways the lot is so full I have to park some distance away. At the distance I park I need remote start on the cell phone otherwise after work I enter a very cold car.
I have to say I think $110 is a bit steep for this service and the app needs some updating (I couldn't even enter my phone number due to bugs in the program). Also I think the trial should be much longer if not free if you pay for the more expensive versions of the Insight. ( Sorry for the snobbiness here) I currently also lease a Ford fusion energi and the remote start and other features in the app are free with that car.

No matter where you go, there you are. Check out my Insight YouTube channel Verdier400.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 11:32 AM

New owner -- HondaLink not able to set up

Hi all, I'm driving a 2019 Insight EX, white exterior, black interior. So far so good -- I am enjoying it a lot. Previous car was an '06 Civic. I am amazed at how far the technology has come. I'm getting about 43-44 mpg but haven't explored ways to help improve that.

Anyway, I am unable to properly set up HondaLink and I apologize if these are old questions. I couldn't quickly find answers here. I am probably overlooking something simple, but so far I downloaded the app to my iPhone and went into the Settings menu in the car to enable car info. But I can't create a connection for some reason.

In my phone app downloaded yesterday, I entered the VIN and the app immediately recognized the car and tells me its location. But there is no information on diagnostics or HondaLink options that are useful at all. How do I get connected? Replies appreciated.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome, gremal!

Maybe a first check would be that wifi and/or bluetooth are enabled on your car -? The phone connection is established through those. My dealer activated both during delivery checklist. See attachments...

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, this HondaLink website describes the features you can expect by trim. "Basic" and "Link" are available on new EX's. Here is a summary of what you can expect to see for the EX trim:
  • BASIC = Vehicle Guides, Recall Notifications, Service Appointments, Roadside Assistance
  • LINK = Dashboard, Vehicle Notifications

Remaining HondaLink features (Link Navigation features, Security, Remote, and Concierge) are subscription-based for Touring trim.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture - p313.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	1544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture - p322.PNG
Views:	38
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	1546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture - p419.PNG
Views:	30
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1548  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the heads up--many features not available for EX it looks like. The ones that are may be an issue with WiFi. I'm sure the dealer activated Bluetooth, as I have been enjoying my iTunes library in the car. But perhaps I can enable WiFi and see if that works for HondaLink.

Thanks again!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page