How are you listening to music? (streams, players, etc) - 2019 Honda Insight Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By LowRider

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

How are you listening to music? (streams, players, etc)

Drove my just off the lot 2019 EX through Atlanta traffic for the first time today, psyched to make the move to my first hybrid. It's a beautiful car, although I don't see any others in ATL. I've been lurking on this forum for several months and made the leap to owner this week. How are you folks listening to music in the car? Through your phones? Which service? I have an old school ipod and it is very clunky to play it in the Insight, which treats it like a USB and it doesn't seem to work entirely right. Any advice which direction to go? I have an Android phone.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Congratulations on the new Insight!

I use a combination of XM Radio, iHeartradio via CarPlay and a bunch of stuff on a low-profile flash drive. You have options. For BYO music, you can't beat using a flash drive. The Insight's interface is well up to the task.

2019 Orchid White Pearl Insight EX #6937, Warren County, New Jersey

Last edited by hasarad; 08-10-2019 at 08:01 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I use XM radio and Spotify.

2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl) Insight #10,330
Manufactured 9/2018, Bought 12/28/2018

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:44 PM

Garage
I, too, use a low profile flash drive with about 100 songs on it right now. I also copied over, with the songs, the album covers which show up on the screen. I have the EX model and sound from the flash drive is still good.
hasarad likes this.

Every day is a gift. Make the best of it!
2019 Insight EX. Purchased 05/2019
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankin' rob View Post
Drove my just off the lot 2019 EX through Atlanta traffic for the first time today, psyched to make the move to my first hybrid. It's a beautiful car, although I don't see any others in ATL. I've been lurking on this forum for several months and made the leap to owner this week. How are you folks listening to music in the car? Through your phones? Which service? I have an old school ipod and it is very clunky to play it in the Insight, which treats it like a USB and it doesn't seem to work entirely right. Any advice which direction to go? I have an Android phone.
Welcome to being an official forum member and owner!

Here are some suggestions from thread that may help you explore USB audio options:
Using Thumb Drive for Music - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/29...ive-music.html
Android Music App suggestions - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/29...same-time.html
USB Music Format results - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/29...martphone.html
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 11:50 AM

Exclamation IPod Classic (6th Gen 120/180gb)

I just got my 2019 Insight one the first things I wanted to do is connect my iPod Classic to the infotainment system. In regular iPod mode it did not work, the system recognizes it, but wont play anything, it freezes. But thinking the USB port is compatible with a “USB stick” to play back music, I thought well if I put my iPod in disk mode, maybe I can have a 120 gb disk? And it worked! I was able to listen to my music from my iPod Classic thru my infotainment system and control the music and search files with my steering wheel and the system interface it self!! The only negative this that I have to manually turn on/off my iPod, if you do not, the iPod with not shut off on its own. It does charge but thru the cable, but if you leave it there for enough time, the battery will be depleted on your iPod.

Anyone know of any other way to connect your iPod classic? I know it does not appear in the compatible iPod list Honda publishes, but I do not want to get rig of my ipod classic, its been with me for almost 10 year!! And have over 100gb of music!! Jajajaj. Next I will try a Bluetooth module see if that works.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umol View Post
I just got my 2019 Insight one the first things I wanted to do is connect my iPod Classic to the infotainment system. In regular iPod mode it did not work, the system recognizes it, but wont play anything, it freezes. But thinking the USB port is compatible with a “USB stick” to play back music, I thought well if I put my iPod in disk mode, maybe I can have a 120 gb disk? And it worked! I was able to listen to my music from my iPod Classic thru my infotainment system and control the music and search files with my steering wheel and the system interface it self!! The only negative this that I have to manually turn on/off my iPod, if you do not, the iPod with not shut off on its own. It does charge but thru the cable, but if you leave it there for enough time, the battery will be depleted on your iPod.

Anyone know of any other way to connect your iPod classic? I know it does not appear in the compatible iPod list Honda publishes, but I do not want to get rig of my ipod classic, its been with me for almost 10 year!! And have over 100gb of music!! Jajajaj. Next I will try a Bluetooth module see if that works.
I think most of us have moved into this decade have have purchased a cheap, low-profile flash drive by now. You don't need to charge them, and they are solid-state. Totally worth it in terms of fitment, capacity and reliability.

2019 Orchid White Pearl Insight EX #6937, Warren County, New Jersey
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

@Umol if the bluetooth module doesn't pan out and you pursue the thumb drive option hasarad recommends, there are links above in post 5 with suggestions.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 12:17 AM

Since I only have an LX, I'm listening on the streaming and the radio!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page