Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Warren County, New Jerey
Simcoe - After 25K Miles
After 15 months and 25,000 miles, I gave my Insight a much-needed detailing today. The engine has managed to stay surprisingly clean and only required a wipe-down with a damp cloth. The exterior took two hours to get clean. The ceramic coating still has water beading up nicely after a little over a year. Keeping the car in the garage must be a big factor in the coating's longevity. It seems to rain every 2-3 days lately, so the car wash was way overdue. It's nice to be able to drive a clean car again.
Here are the 25,000 mile stats:
- I'm happy to report a lifetime MPG number of 63.8 after 25,000 miles in 15 months (and 47 fill-ups)! Cost per mile has averaged $0.04.
- I've had one recall - back-up camera.
- Maintenance-wise I've done two oil changes (myself) and changed the cabin air filter. Total cost for all was about $80.
- Ivory white interior has had a hard life but still looks new. My son's soccer head injury resulted in blood (quite a bit) on the upholstery (fabric) which cleaned up to like-new with hydrogen peroxide. I am foregoing the seat covers I had planned on due to the durability of the stock interior.
- Husky floor mats have kept the carpets in like-new condition. This was easily the best investment I've made in the car.
- I bought a spare tire setup just after buying the car. I've not needed it in an emergency (yet), but the spare is useful when rotating tires at home. If you have one, don't forget to check the pressure regularly!
In summary, the Insight has been the easiest car I've ever owned. It's also the most comfortable and most enjoyable to drive - even in ECO mode! There is nothing I would change about my Insight. It's perfect the way it is.
* note the repair job on the front license plate after the rock went through it. #battlescars
2019 Orchid White Pearl Insight EX #6937, Warren County, New Jersey
Last edited by hasarad; 11-03-2019 at 07:15 PM.