New member: Trying to sell my Accord... - Page 2 - 2019 Honda Insight Forum

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 09:04 PM

What a pretty car!!!! Congrats on selling the Accord and getting the Insight. You done good!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

I've heard some great things about the Amazon basics fully synthetic oil. I might give that a try!

I just picked up some turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray. I think Ill give that a try. I'm also looking at doing a vinyl wrap paint protectant over the bumpers since I live in DC and street park...
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2019, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matttelz View Post
I've heard some great things about the Amazon basics fully synthetic oil. I might give that a try!

I just picked up some turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray. I think Ill give that a try. I'm also looking at doing a vinyl wrap paint protectant over the bumpers since I live in DC and street park...
I've seen the Amazon Basics oil online. I'll stick with what I know. That's not at all a knock against Amazon's product. Just make sure it meets all of Honda's requirements, and you should be good-to-go with staying within your Insight's warranty.

The good part about the bumpers is that those covers are plastic and won't rust. The same goes for the hood - which would take the brunt of stone chips. I had though about a clear bra (for the car, not me), but I don't drive a whole lot of highway and have had no stone chips after 15 months (if you don't count the huge rock that went through my front license plate a while back, but that was off of an oncoming traffic construction vehicle on a county road).

2019 Orchid White Pearl Insight EX #6937, Warren County, New Jersey

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page