Noticing more Insights on the road - 2019 Honda Insight Forum
 40Likes

post #1 of 136 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Noticing more Insights on the road

Saw 5 different Insights just in January, where as before I have only seen around 5-10 within the past 6 months.

• White LX/EX at Costco earlier, today.
  • Modern Steel LX/EX while merging onto i93 highway, last week.
  • White Touring with missing Honda emblem on the trunk in Downtown, last week.
  • Crimson Red (not sure of trim) saw it drive by on opposite side of street, 2 weeks ago.
  • Cosmic Blue LX/EX at a Mcdonalds, 2 weeks ago.
hobokencentral, sleewa and mgldan like this.
post #2 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:09 AM

Go, Insights!
post #3 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 11:14 AM

I'm getting to the point where if I see another one, I might wait until the owner comes back to tell them that I, too, have good taste.
hobokencentral and Angie like this.

2019 Lunar Silver Insight Touring (#7,483)
post #4 of 136 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

I kind of like being the "unique" car on the road, drawing the questions/stares from other Honda and non-Honda owners alike. While it would be nice to see Insight sales increase for Honda to grow the market segment, I'm not in any hurry to lose my on-road exclusivity as of now.
post #5 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

So this is semi random... but the closest related open thread that kind of made sense for this. Coz it could've meant one more Insight on the road.

The 2019 Insight LX (with Cosmic Blue exterior and Ivory interior) was featured as a prize on the "Price Is Right" episode that aired today (taped back in January). The car looked really nice on a stage with all those Hollywood lights, and I did a double take after recognizing the rear tail lights and turn signal design. The contestant (Lonnie) didn't win because he estimated the price as 19.5k rather than the 23.7k total MSRP price. If one of us forum members was on that show, I'm pretty sure we would've gotten the price exactly right.
Angie and kasparguy like this.
post #6 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightfully View Post
So this is semi random... but the closest related open thread that kind of made sense for this. Coz it could've meant one more Insight on the road.

The 2019 Insight LX (with Cosmic Blue exterior and Ivory interior) was featured as a prize on the "Price Is Right" episode that aired today (taped back in January). The car looked really nice on a stage with all those Hollywood lights, and I did a double take after recognizing the rear tail lights and turn signal design. The contestant (Lonnie) didn't win because he estimated the price as 19.5k rather than the 23.7k total MSRP price. If one of us forum members was on that show, I'm pretty sure we would've gotten the price exactly right.
I don't think you can buy a hybrid for under $20k(MSRP) but then again I don't know the exact MSRP of the LX either. I just know the EX is around $24k and Touring around $28k cause I was shopping those trims.

2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl) Insight #10,330
Manufactured 9/2018, Bought 12/28/2018

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.
post #7 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
I saw another Modern Steel LX/EX Insight earlier today in Downtown, Boston. Seen a Crystal Black Insight at my local car wash twice(probably same car) within the past 2 weeks. I'm still looking out for an Aegean Blue, and Lunar Silver Insight then I can say I seen all of the Insight colors in Boston.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Insight.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	1174  
mgldan likes this.

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.
post #8 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 10:44 PM

Garage
New York City, Long Island, Westchester, Northeast New Jersey...all in the last week?

NOTHING!

I'm the only one. And like Insightfully, I kind of like being unique. But riding all over the LIE out to Islip, I would have thought I would see one there...especially in the CleanPass HOV lane. Nothing but those MEH fugly Prius'.

So tomorrow I'l be out there showing off again. Been getting lots of runs in the 50+ MPG range trying to take it easy, but I'm gonna SPORT MODE it tomorrow.

Phil

Last edited by PHILBERT; 03-08-2019 at 10:46 PM.
post #9 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILBERT View Post
New York City, Long Island, Westchester, Northeast New Jersey...all in the last week?

NOTHING!

I'm the only one. And like Insightfully, I kind of like being unique. But riding all over the LIE out to Islip, I would have thought I would see one there...especially in the CleanPass HOV lane. Nothing but those MEH fugly Prius'.

So tomorrow I'l be out there showing off again. Been getting lots of runs in the 50+ MPG range trying to take it easy, but I'm gonna SPORT MODE it tomorrow.

Phil
Another Insight owner probably spotted you, you never know... Most of my Insight sightings had been me, behind them by 1-2 cars, so those owners would had not seen me either.

post #10 of 136 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew28 View Post
Another Insight owner probably spotted you, you never know... Most of my Insight sightings had been me, behind them by 1-2 cars, so those owners would had not seen me either.
Believe it or not, I'm checking the on-coming lane, and rear view mirrors too. At night, I also check the same for our distinctive headlight and taillight "prowling" eyes pattern. Nothing! Yet I saw two Clarity's in Westchester yesterday. (Why are Clarity's always dark steel gray?) Oh, and my baby, "Pearl" (unoriginal, I know), stays home with my wife M - F. I drive a company Escape M - F. I WISH I could use an Insight for work, but it might be tough to get all my work stuff in there.

Having breakfast now thinking about where I want to venture today. I have been compiling MPG scores under controlled conditions for set speeds and modes to get a full understanding of what to expect. So far the results have been consistent and reproducible. IMO, that is the only way to test MPG. But it's very hard to find a clear and flat stretch of 55 MPH roadway around here. Usually, for whatever reason, it's loaded with people who can't maintain 55. That ruins the test results. But once I get complete data, I'll publish the results. Normal Mode is always showing better MPG around this area with mild hills (Hudson Valley). Econ doesn't get good MPG for me. It never did, and I tried a lot. Climbing the bigger hills and mountains requires Sport Mode. But Sport Mode runs far less auto-EV to take advantage of the batteries...almost like reserving that power for demand. I still wish I could design my own driving mode, and replace Econ Mode with it.

Phil

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page