New owner of used Insight Touring (what's missing?) - 2019 Honda Insight Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Cool New owner of used Insight Touring (what's missing?)

Didn't think it'd happen so soon, was planning to wait a year, but here we are in the middle of Chicago winter and it popped up on Cars.com.

Insight Touring 2019 - 3 months old with 3,000 miles.

Just wondering at this point (on day 2) if I'm missing anything from the previous owner who traded in to a Mazda dealership to move to something bigger.

1. I've got the owners guide, warranty booklet, and the consumer state-by-state info. I know the manual and nav guide are downloadable, but were they included as hard copies?

2. There are these four plastic black plugs that were in a zip lock in the glove compartment. (I'll grab a photo later). Have no idea what they were for.

3. I guess in the trunk there's the tire repair kit and the 12V battery removal tools. Someone left a mini wrench (license plate bolts sized) and screwdriver in there too.

4. I think all the front console cupholder accessories are in there, after all there's no reason to put them elsewhere. The cupholder (removable) and the divider are both there.

5. Looks like there was a GPS/phone mount stuck to the windshield left of the rear view mirror mount and also a cable hook guide stuck to the rear view mirror mount itself. Assuming that's what they are and not actual delivered parts of the car, I'll get to prying those off eventually.

6. Got two keys, but missing the key number tag.

Still got lots to adjust to, previous car (still have it) is a 2007 Civic EX sedan which I'll continue to drive until a fitted hitch solution is available (saw the thread in the forum).

-elvin-

2019 Insight Touring
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on joining the "Insight club" with your purchase! Overall, I don't think you're missing anything critical from the prior owner. Here are my thoughts on your questions/list:

1. The Owners Manual and Navigation Manual aren't included at delivery, but as you've seen in other threads, they're available free to new owners within the first 6 months of purchase. Wondering if you might have difficulty ordering a free set, since you're the second owner (?).

2. Not sure what the plastic black plugs are; would be interested in seeing pictures. The only thing that comes to mind are "wheel well fasteners" mentioned in this thread, or possibly carpet hold-down fasteners from the rear of car (see #3).

3. The screwdriver might be the "bonus" one that's typically missing. Do you notice any modifications or add-on accessories, which might have been added with these extra tools (e.g. cargo hooks, cargo net, LED rear turn lights)?

4. Your cupholder set-up sounds ALMOST complete to me. The Touring model should have a coin tray that the LX/EX doesn't have, discussed here and looks like this. Part can be ordered here, but it'd be better if the dealer made you whole.

5. The phone mount and cable guide are definitely not OEM.

6. The key number tag is worth follow-up, to make things easier in the future. My tag is thin, white plastic with a printed bar code, and 4 character ID below the bar code.
Freckles and jphall61 like this.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome and running me through the checklist.

Assuming that the original owner didn't order the owners and nav manual (they were pretty conscientious about everything else, and probably would have included it), I went ahead and I placed an order as if I was first owner (still within the first 6 months window). If not, I can live with download rather than fork out $90 for the two.

I've attached photos of the plugs. They're about 1.5" long and 1" wide. Definitely not wheel well fasteners. Going to take a closer look at the trunk and see if any other perks were installed. The prev owner put in 3D fitted mats front and back, and got the Honda cargo tray in the back. Splash guards already installed.

Cupholder is complete, coin tray was slid towards the back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0235.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	1048   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0234.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1050  

2019 Insight Touring
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvin View Post
I've attached photos of the plugs. They're about 1.5" long and 1" wide. Definitely not wheel well fasteners. Going to take a closer look at the trunk and see if any other perks were installed. The prev owner put in 3D fitted mats front and back, and got the Honda cargo tray in the back. Splash guards already installed.
Umm... wow. Those plugs could be from anywhere. But I don't recall offhand seeing anything that size or shape so far. The good news is that they functionally look more like "covers" rather than fasteners. Maybe these parts are remnant from the phone mount or cable guide installation -?
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightfully View Post
6. The key number tag is worth follow-up, to make things easier in the future. My tag is thin, white plastic with a printed bar code, and 4 character ID below the bar code.
What is the key number tag for? My other key fob for the car has this...

Welcome to the forum @elvin !

2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl) Insight #10,330
Manufactured 9/2018, Bought 12/28/2018

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew28 View Post
What is the key number tag for? My other key fob for the car has this...
The key number is unique to your car. You'd use the key number identifier to buy and re-code a replacement key, if needed. If the tag goes missing, the key number can probably (?) be re-identified by Honda via VIN look-up, but hopefully Honda has safeguards and ID checks to go along with that, so an average-Joe can't walk in and get a key for your car. It's best to keep your key number in a secure spot, separate from the fob you use everyday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1052  
andrew28 likes this.

Last edited by insightfully; 03-02-2019 at 03:50 PM.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:

Assuming that the original owner didn't order the owners and nav manual (they were pretty conscientious about everything else, and probably would have included it), I went ahead and I placed an order as if I was first owner (still within the first 6 months window). If not, I can live with download rather than fork out $90 for the two.

Those look like plugs from for the firewall or the floor. Not sure where else they would use something like that. I wonder why they were in the car.

2019 Orchid White Pearl Insight EX #6937, Warren County, New Jersey
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:

You might be happier without the manual since it's girth is sure to effect you mileage!😉

No matter where you go, there you are. Check out my Insight YouTube channel Verdier400.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:07 AM

Hitch problem solved.

Quote:

Still got lots to adjust to, previous car (still have it) is a 2007 Civic EX sedan which I'll continue to drive until a fitted hitch solution is available (saw the thread in the forum).

-elvin-
I solved the fitted hitch problem: CLICK HERE
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:

I also had the 4 rubber plugs in a plastic bag in the glove box in my new EX. The salesman did not know what they were for. When I took the car in for the rear camera recall the dealer installed them in the frame. I think they plug the frame holes where the chains are attached to secure the car during transport from the factory. Installing the plugs should have been on the new car delivery checklist.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page