November 2019 Honda Insight Sales - 2019 Honda Insight Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

November 2019 Honda Insight Sales

Insight sales are down 13.8% versus same month year ago, despite overall American Honda sales growing 11% over same period.

Insights sold since launch (~18 months) now total 34,487 which (sadly) is about 1 month of sales of the CR-V in November 2019.

Last edited by insightfully; 12-03-2019 at 01:26 PM.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Advertising the Insight would help. Honda must have some other plan up their sleeve. Like they now do a regular/hybrid Accord, it's possible they may go that way with the Civic (again). Sadly, if the numbers continue to decline, the stand-alone Insight's days may be numbered.

Based on the Gen1 and Gen2 Insights lifecycles, the Insight name may only be temporary for their new eco-friendly test-beds.

2019 Orchid White Pearl Insight EX #6937, Warren County, New Jersey
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I have to admit, a family member wanted to purchase an Insight but I suggested they wait a couple years (2021 model year) to see where the car lands in Honda's long-term lineup/plans. I think the Insight will be absorbed into the Gen11 Civic platform as a 'Civic Hybrid.' - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/17964-post13.html
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I'm pretty sure part of this has to do with the low inventory compared to last year. Dealerships probably don't want to order the Insight due to low sales volume and low potential service department revenue like the Clarity. I had a service advisor asked where I've been this year when I got my oil change and I told him this vehicle takes a long time before oil life hits 15% left. He was like "oh....".

The Insight doesn't have any buyer incentives or finance offers. At least with more inventory you can negotiate a better offer and won't have a hard time finding the color/trim you want. Unless the Insight is the only car you want and you don't mind waiting I can see most buyers just buying another vehicle.

I think new Insights are still making their way to dealerships. One of the dealerships close to me sold out and just got 7 new 2020 Honda Insights.

2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl) Insight #10,330
Manufactured 9/2018, Bought 12/28/2018

Click here (or use Active Topics on the nav bar) to check out the newest posts for the whole forum. More info on using the forum can be found here.

Last edited by andrew28; 12-03-2019 at 03:47 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightfully View Post
I have to admit, a family member wanted to purchase an Insight but I suggested they wait a couple years (2021 model year) to see where the car lands in Honda's long-term lineup/plans. I think the Insight will be absorbed into the Gen11 Civic platform as a 'Civic Hybrid.' - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/17964-post13.html
Honda has a concept model called the "Civic Versatilist" - which was shown at last year's Tokyo Auto Show. The car looks to me like the (longer) front end of an Insight grafted into the hatchback body of a Civic.

My gut says things like this 'Sedan SUV' this is where things are headed as Honda stated plans to consolidate platforms/models in their "Honda Architecture" master plan. The CR-V is already based on the Civic platform, and this would bring the 3 models (Civic, CR-V, Insight) closer if a hybrid version of this is offered.

https://paultan.org/2019/01/14/tas-2...ic-suv-anyone/

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM

I'm not sure just because of low sales that the Insight will be discontinued. The first Inisight sold very few. It was super ugly. The second one did better, but still sales were sluggish. In both cases Honda did not abandon the Insight. Hard to say though.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
I'm not sure just because of low sales that the Insight will be discontinued. The first Inisight sold very few. It was super ugly. The second one did better, but still sales were sluggish. In both cases Honda did not abandon the Insight. Hard to say though.
No, not due to low sales but to tie with strategy of fewer models and platforms which Honda announced earlier this year. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/17964-post13.html

As hasarad mentioned above, Honda seems to have some other plan up their sleeve for the Insight. "Don't advertise, and they won't come..." or something to that effect.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page