Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else find themselves addicted to driving the Insight?

I love watching the MPG indicator on the central display go up and up, and getting into EV mode.

The car is the first one I’ve owned that I simply want to get out and drive in it — it makes errands fun! The ride is quiet, it absorbs bumps nicely, is a great size, and handles well. Even backing up is a treat seeing the rear camera display.

But the most fun of all is beating previous mpgs and, especially, experiencing those short drives around town where it stays in EV mode a lot and I've gotten 70, 90, or 110 mpg!

What fun!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Agreed J. Bond! What I like the most which was unexpected is my reduced stress when driving to work each day, or even around town. Car and Driver ranked DC as the 11th worst city for Road Rage, and being at peace with your car and your commute helps to counteract all the crazy drivers that are literally swerving between cars on the beltway in heavy traffic while going 90 mph. I call my Insight the "Peace-mobile".

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,779 Posts
Agreed J. Bond! What I like the most which was unexpected is my reduced stress when driving to work each day, or even around town. Car and Driver ranked DC as the 11th worst city for Road Rage, and being at peace with your car and your commute helps to counteract all the crazy drivers that are literally swerving between cars on the beltway in heavy traffic while going 90 mph. I call my Insight the "Peace-mobile".
Boston ranked #6 and I agree. The Insight does a great job improving quality of life in traffic. I don't have to worry about wasting a ton of gas sitting in horrible traffic now(It seems like I get better mpg in traffic) and brake hold allows me to rest my foot in a proper position. EV mode and good sound insulation makes listening to music/news on the radio better so you don't think about traffic as much. Plus being able to use Waze on the 8" CarPlay/Android Auto touchscreen instead of my smartphone with a phone holder is nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
While I absolutely agree with J. Bond, all the information displayed can be a real distraction! Guess it's a very good thing there are so many safe driving features. I definitely suffer from information overload at times.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Boston ranked #6 and I agree. The Insight does a great job improving quality of life in traffic. I don't have to worry about wasting a ton of gas sitting in horrible traffic now(It seems like I get better mpg in traffic) and brake hold allows me to rest my foot in a proper position. EV mode and good sound insulation makes listening to music/news on the radio better so you don't think about traffic as much. Plus being able to use Waze on the 8" CarPlay/Android Auto touchscreen instead of my smartphone with a phone holder is nice.
I just got back home from my trip and totally agree with this sentiment. I had a Kia Optima while I was traveling. Without brake hold and adaptive cruise control, my attention was completely on my foot in stop-and-go traffic, making sure I was holding down the brake pedal. I felt pressure to keep up with the car in front of me, which is totally non-existent now that I'm in my Insight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts