Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda posted this video on how they manufacture the 10th generation Accord last month. I found it fascinating so thought I would share it here. The last part where they check for rattles and water leaks is interesting, too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not sure if there are being as diligent about that QA testing as they claim. There are quite a few reports of rattling and creaking over on the accordxclub forum. Only so much can be done when you are producing in this volume. Cool insight into the process though.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if there are being as diligent about that QA testing as they claim. There are quite a few reports of rattling and creaking over on the accordxclub forum. Only so much can be done when you are producing in this volume. Cool insight into the process though.
After hearing the loud engine noise from the Insight over the past month... I don't even notice it as much anymore. The employees doing the sound tests probably are accustom to some of the rattles that it doesn't disturb them as much as a customer taking ownership of the vehicle for the first time. It could also be the employee that tested the vehicle, some are worth there pay, some are just there to do the bare minimum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts