Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I haven’t brought my 2020 Insight into the dealer yet for either of these recalls- The BCM Program recall or the DC-converter PCU recall. I haven’t had any issues with my car, and I’m just hesitant to have someone I don’t know or trust working on my car given past experiences I’ve had with previous cars and mechanics.
I’d really like some advice please about bringing my car into the Honda dealership to get these issues addressed. Anything specific I need to know or should look out for?
Thank you so much for your help!

· Registered
533 Posts
While I have a 2019 and did not have to deal with the dc converter recall, I did have the BCM recall done and haven't had any issues.. I do believe it's in your best interest to have the recalls done. I don't remember specifics on the dc converter recalls, but I do know that they fix an issue with your power system that will end up spoiling your day if you don't..

From my recollection - the amount of strange error messages significantly went down after everyone had the BCM recall as well.. Something to think about.

· Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,851 Posts
The only recall I've heard of issues with is the fuel pump recall. Some (but very few) had the repair done incorrectly which caused an evap code to pop up. All were resolved with a re-visit to the dealer. Some also had a gas smell for a day, but this was not unexpected as the recall was done via accessing the top of the fuel tank from within the cabin.

The two recalls you mention have not had any members complain of any bad after-affects. I'd let the dealer do wat they need to do. As @Mobilcams mentioned, the two recalls in question could result in a bad day if you don't have them done. Best to play it safe. Risk is minimal, and both are simply software updates.

Reactions: jensight

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only recall I've heard of issues with is the fuel pump recall. Some (but very few) had the repair done incorrectly which caused an evap code to pop up. All were resolved with a re-visit to the dealer. Some also had a gas smell for a day, but this was not unexpected as the recall was done via accessing the top of the fuel tank from within the cabin.

The two recalls you mention have not had any members complain of any bad after-affects. I'd let the dealer do wat they need to do. As @Mobilcams mentioned, the two recalls in question could result in a bad day if you don't have them done. Best to play it safe. Risk is minimal, and both are simply software updates.
Thank you both for your replies. I will plan to bring the car in. Happy New Year

1 - 4 of 4 Posts