Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I was looking for a forum about the Insight and found this one. I was wondering if some of you Insighters could provide some light in regards a decision I have to make.

I am debating purchasing a pre-owned 2012 Insight EX (only one owner this while time) with 84,000 miles on it. The hybrid battery is the original one. The car is priced at USD 14K (above KBB but the price is what it is).

The car is good condition and the battery passed test but my concern is gambling and hoping the battery will work fine in the next 3-5 years without replacement.

If I end up having car issues and replace the battery, I wonder if it is worth it because otherwise I will buy a pre-owned 2011 Murano LE with 102K miles on it for the time being that makes 20mpg rather than 40mpg the Insight does.

Any advice?
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,685 Posts
Not sure many of us can help with your inquiry. This forum is Gen 3 (2019+) Insight dedicated, and your question is Gen 2 related.

I would be leery of a nine-year-old battery regardless of mileage and would factor the cost of replacement into your maintenance plans.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Honda dealer can assess the residual capacity of the high voltage battery. And having data on capacity, you can evaluate whether the car is worth its money or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts