Honda is back with the Insight and this time it primed to closer to Prius sales numbers. Most notable changes are its distinctive styling that pulls from both the new Accord and Civic, its a perfect medium between the two. Like the Accord we get attractive full LED headlights, low-beams, high-beams and Daytime Running Lights. Bold contours, sweeping character lines and overall aesthetics help it stand out from the rest. Building on this we get 7 colors to choose from, a wing spoiler, 17-inch alloy wheels, lower door accent trim and more.
Source: Honda USASTYLING
- Ready To Shine - The front of the vehicle features stunning details like full LED headlights, including low-beams, high-beams and Daytime Running Lights.
- Forward-Facing Style - Seen head-on, the pioneering design and bold contours always make a stylish impression.
- Gracefully Sculpted - It's hard to pass the Honda Insight without admiring its sweeping character lines and stunning alloy wheels
- Every Detail Considered - With exquisite LED taillights and brake lights, the performance-inspired rear design achieves a distinctive, cutting-edge look.
- Depart in Style - The sculpted, refined body shape create a sophisticated aesthetic that's unrivaled among hybrids.
- A Portrait in Power - The exterior has plenty to swoon over, from a bold, aggressive design to intricate style details like full LED headlights.
- Smartly Streamlined - We built the insight for aerodynamic efficiency, with grille and engine designs that reduce wind loss a well as a front bumper that limits wake.
- Underside Efficiency - To streamline airflow beneath the car, we used a flat underfloor design and strakes designed to reduce wake.
- Breeze Down the Road - We designed the trunk's surface to optimize aerodynamic performance while the light design prevents airflow from entering the rear of the vehicle.
- Aegean Blue Metallic
- Cosmic Blue Metallic
- Crimson Pearl
- Crystal Black Pearl
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic
- White Orchid Pearl
- Wing Spoiler - Give your insight an aerodynamic exclamation point with a wing spoiler that adds customized look.
- 17-Inch Alloy Wheels - Add extra wow factor with these 17-inch dark-chrome finish alloy wheels. they look amazing and will help set you apart from the crowd.
- Front Grille Accent - The exterior features an aggressive grille with a tasteful chrome accent that makes a lasting first impression.
- Lower Door Accent Trim - The lower door accent trim is a stylish accent that gives you insight a finishing touch.
- Welcome Light - These lights illuminate the ground beneath the doors to help you avoid surprises when exiting the vehicle.
Once inside a similar theme follows. Its an elegant looking and feeling cabin with features like an attractive displays for infotainment and driver information, soft leather and fine double-stitching throughout the dashboard and instrument panel, 8-way power driver's seat, a steering wheel with premium aesthetics that complement the available perforated leather-trimmed seat sets, comfortable seating for 5, 60/40 split rear seatback and up to 15 cubic feet of trunk capacity. To protect your interior, Honda offers a trunk tray, trunk carpet mat and an all-season mat. Illuminated door panel and door sill trim gives the interior an extra edge when entering/exiting.
Source: Honda USACOCKPIT
- Departure from the Ordinary - With an airy, sporty aesthetic and elegant finishing details, the Honda Insight is just as impressive on the inside.
- Recharge at Your Own Pace - Deceleration selectors allow you total control over regenerative braking, a technology that recharges your battery.
- Information at a Glance - The Driver information interface makes it easy to manage a wealth of data, including trip information and real-time energy flow from the battery. (EX Touring only)
- Exquisite Details - The dash and instrument panel have been enhanced with elegant touches like soft leather and fine double-stitching.
- An Innovative Shift - The Shift-By-Wire feature allows you to switch from ECON to Sport mode, or from Park to Drive, at the push of a button.
- Steer in Style - The available leather-wrapped steering wheel completes the premium aesthetic.
- Your Seat, Your Way - Personalize your comfort with the available 8-way power driver's seat and available front passenger power seat.
- Executive Seating - The available perforated, leather-trimmed seat sets a new standard for craftsmanship with ergonomic design and fine materials.
- Generously Appointed - By offering elegant style and plenty of spacious seating, this 5-seat hybrid strikes a perfect balance between beauty and function.
- Built to Adapt - With a fold-down rear seatback and flexible seating, the Honda Insight is versatile enough for multiple packing configurations.
- Open Space When You Need It - The 60/40 split rear seatback folds down to reveal a sizeable pass-through for those extra-larger items.
- Uncompressed Cargo Space - With its battery pack under the rear seat, the vehicle offers nearly 15 cubic feet of trunk capacity.
- All-Season Mat - Wet boots. Muddy shoe. Dog hair. No problem. All-Season Floor Mats act as a protective layer between nature and your original carpets.
- Door Panel Illumination - The blue LED door panel illumination provides an upscale and aesthetically pleasing touch to your interior with a soft glow of light.
- Illuminated Door Sill Trim - Blue LED lights on the door sill illuminates when the door is open for a finishing touch that's subtle, tasteful and upscale.
- Trunk Carpet Mat - The Trunk Carpet Mat gives your trunk areas a finished look while adding an important extra layer of protection.
- Auto Day/Night Mirror - This available automatic-dimming rearview mirror adjusts to all light conditions, and can be programmed to activate multiple home devices with Homelink.
- Trunk Tray - The things you haul in your trunk often pill, leave stains, or otherwise mar the original carpeting making a Trunk Tray a wise investment.
Some key features you'll find are largely based around its technology and ability to keep you connected. Vehicles have become technological showcases on wheels to stay relevant with the times and attract younger demographics that have the money. Here Honda offers; Apple CarPlay and Andriod Auto Integration, a Mobile Hotspot to stay connected on the go, HondaLink Mobile App for added convenience, ECON Mode for fuel efficiency, Sport Mode for an enhanced driving experience and many more that give this all-new Insight some real competitive Edge.
Source: Honda USATECHNOLOGY
- A Mode to Suit Your Mood - Activate ECON Mode for fuel efficiency or Sport Mode for an enhanced driving experience that will make you feel the thrill of the road.
- Power Up - Keep your devices charged with the USB port or the 12-volt power outlet, conveniently accessible for the driver and front passenger.
- Expand Your View - Improve your passenger-side visibility with Honda LaneWatch, with live video on the Display Audio touch-screen.
- Get a Head Start - Available remote engine start will allow you to start the vehicle from up to 100 feet away.
- Built for Strength - ACE body structure is a Honda-exclusive body design that enhances occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal collisions.
PERFORMANCE & ECONOMY RATINGS
- Apple CarPlay Integration - The available 8-inch Display Audio with high-resolution touch-screen makes it easy to use available Apple CarPlay integration.
- Andriod Auto Integration - Andriod users can enjoy available Andriod Auto integration via the 8-inch Display Audio with high-resolution touch-screen.
- Your Personal Command Center - The available Display Audio touch-screen keeps you updated with information about phone calls, engine and battery use, and Apple CarPlay and Andriod Auto integration.
- HondaLink Mobile App - With the HondaLink app, you an enjoy customized convenience, assistance, service and connectivity at your fingertips.
- Mobile Hotspot - Stay internet-connected on the go with the Honda Insight's available mobile hotspot capability
- Style for Miles (and Miles) - The LX and EX trims have a 55-mpg city rating, and the Touring has a 51-1mpg city rating, making the HOnda Insight a beautiful efficient ride.
- Progress is Powerful - The 1.5-liter, Atkinson-cycle 4-cylinder engine with electric motor delivers exceptional horsepower and torque for stunning performance.
- Meet the New Power Couple - Credit the two-motor hybrid system for the vehicle's impressive fuel efficiency. It scan send power to both wheels and battery when necessary.