Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Every Insight owner should be informed on this subject. On a crash scene you may be the only person present who can recognize the danger in what some uniformed person there might be preparing to do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This answers a question that I have had since I bought the car. What powers the AC compressor? If on the engine then you would have to run the engine to have AC on. If on the drive motor shaft it would only run while moving. I'm glad to see they power it from the battery. Then it can run whenever it needs to. Nice thinking. In case your wondering I have not had to run the AC yet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
After reading this guide I am a little scared of my Insight now. :)

Interesting that you can shut down the high voltage system controllers the same way you shut down your laptop or desktop computer : hold the start button in for 3 seconds.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
Interesting that you can shut down the high voltage system controllers the same way you shut down your laptop or desktop computer : hold the start button in for 3 seconds.
This answers the question of whether the Insight is a car or computer - ha!

Once again makes me think: "Honda is now a software company that happens to make cars."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts