Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least that's what I thought when I saw the video thumbnail on youtube.

·
Super Moderator
4,085 Posts
Maybe this guy would get traction if he posted this to our "Parts for Sale" forum - ha! Replacement headlight assembly, fog lights, HV battery and more would be a bargain at just $2200.

But it looks like there's an interested party already in the comments section (<2 hrs since posted) asking for shipment to Georgia (I'm guessing that's Georgia the Russian country, not Georgia the US state?).

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Very surprised there was no airbag deployment considering the damage and the fact it's now being parted out.

·
Super Moderator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Very surprised there was no airbag deployment considering the damage and the fact it's now being parted out.
Now that you mentioned it something seems off about this wrecked Insight.

The hood is a different color(paint peeled off?) and the bottom front bumper is black but it doesn't seem to be damage that much... Did this car only hit something sticking out right between the chrome wing grill?

·
Super Moderator
4,085 Posts
From the black front grille, it looks like these have been US Insights. Will get interesting if/when parts from Japanese Insights become available thru this junkyard process (e.g. sunglasses holder, blind spot detectors, folding power mirrors, glovebox light, center console rear vents, etc.)...

·
Super Moderator
4,085 Posts
This video has Russian narration, and shows a street-legal license plates for ROMANIA / MOLDOVA on a Gen3 Insight...?

So the Gen3 Insight has now landed in Europe (somehow)!

·
Super Moderator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it might just be an imported North American Insight but it's possible the Insight would head to Europe due to tighter emission regulations there.

·
Super Moderator
4,085 Posts
I think it might just be an imported North American Insight but it's possible the Insight would head to Europe due to tighter emission regulations there.
Looks specifically like a US EX, since the Cosmic Blue exterior / Ivory interior combo is specific to US model. (Canada only gets black interior, and only offers Cosmic Blue in touring/leather trim.)

CarSalesBase.com shows that the last 'domestic' European sale of the Insight was in 2015. - http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sales-data/honda/honda-insight/

·
Registered
148 Posts
At least that's what I thought when I saw the video thumbnail on youtube.
looks like the third pot has a hole in it. my guess is this crashed in some shallow water and hydro locked. given the amount of dust all over it and inside, it looks like a body shop started patching it back up until they discovered the engine was toast.

·
Super Moderator
4,085 Posts
this is NJ. you can make out the sign in the back ground
To ensure we're talking the same context, there are two 'European' cars/videos referenced in this thread... The first one (post #1) is a wrecked Insight in US (NJ as you mentioned).

The second one (post #8) which andrew28 commented on as being a North American imported Insight has European license plates from Romania/Moldova. This second one seems to be a 'legit' Insight sighting in Europe, despite Honda not listing the Insight for domestic sale in that region.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts