Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
If anyone wants/needs anything from the service manuals I have access till the end of the month and will certainly never consider violating the terms of service and sharing anything from them. cough, cough I will certainly not be downloading everything page by page in my spare time at work either.
Might be a long-shot given mentions of limited (CmpeGeek post #20) and/or incorrect (Lavash post #10) wiring info... but is there any info on what the wiring/harness assembly is like for side mirrors? Does Honda list differences for working on EX versus Touring models, given that one has the side mirror turn signals and the other does not?

The wiring manuals are broken down into each trim. LX, EX, Touring, Canadian LX, Canadian EX, Canadian EX Nav, Canadian Touring, and Mexican Insight. I got the three American trims done. Will get to the others eventually. There is just so much information and that bouncy red ball is so easy to chase.

As for lack of information, it is there, just scattered. I can post the multiple pages on how paint dries if you want.

If anyone wants/needs anything from the service manuals I have access till the end of the month and will certainly never consider violating the terms of service and sharing anything from them. cough, cough I will certainly not be downloading everything page by page in my spare time at work either.
More related to audio than mechanical service, but if you still have time/interest/access, came across two 'wish list' mention of schematics for ANC / Pedestrian / Speaker wiring:

It is looking very likely that I am going to sell my Insight soon. If anyone wants copies of the manuals that I have downloaded, feel free to ask. I had them all neat and mostly organized, then accidentally wiped my flash drive the other day. So I have a bunch of unsorted stuff. They take up a bit of space. I might start sorting through it all again with my free time at work.

It is looking very likely that I am going to sell my Insight soon. If anyone wants copies of the manuals that I have downloaded, feel free to ask. I had them all neat and mostly organized, then accidentally wiped my flash drive the other day. So I have a bunch of unsorted stuff. They take up a bit of space. I might start sorting through it all again with my free time at work.
You have a real treasure trove of info here. How would one go about getting copies? Could it be uploaded to a public folder on Google Drive or Drop Box, or something similar?

I would love them!

I will work on starting to sort things out tomorrow. From what I recall it was several gigabites of PDF files, so sharing them might prove a challenge. I will have to look at some options.
I have a terabyte of free Onedrive storage and I would happily host these files for the community to download.

Sorry to hear that you're likely selling your Insight :cry: You've been a valuable contributor on this forum.

The brake fluid procedure helped a lot when doing that last month. I wonder how many dealers do that service correctly?

I have a terabyte of free Onedrive storage and I would happily host these files for the community to download.
It is about 1 gig, but there are a ton of duplicates. I will whittle it down a bit. But that sounds like the best option.

What’s next? Hopefully not a Prius, bwhahaha
Probably nothing. Just stick with my hyper fuel efficient 4x4 Silverado.

Hi everyone, sorry, I wasn't comfortable posting the old link publicly because it was hosted through my work, but I just moved the files to my personal Google Drive, so here is the new link. Feel free to share it. Files are uploading to Google Drive as I speak, so give it a few hours before you try to download. Honda Insight Service Manual - Google Drive

21 - 40 of 41 Posts