Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick backstory, my Girlfriend and I have been using a 2005 Colorado with 285k miles as a daily driver, and it was just getting outrageous to maintain and drive. (300+ a month in gas alone). Between that and many other issues (like the passenger seatbelt always locking up), she didn't feel safe driving it, she's a less experienced driver.

So we started looking at used cars, mostly hybrids and compact four cylinders, but she didn't enjoy small cars. On a work trip we get the chance to drive a newer (2016) Honda CRV, which she absolutely loved. And initially she was sold on buying a HRV. The financial side of my brain kicked in, and we compared costs of ownership, and I kept showing her the Insight, as gas bills were outrageous. Finally on April 20th, we went and test drove an Insight EX. I had no intention of buying that day, but we left with papers signed and delivery set for the 27th.

So now she is the proud owner of a 2019 Insight, which we use as our only vehicle. Unfortunately we live in a city with on-street parking only, so it makes no sense to have 2 cars now. Honestly, my favorite Honda yet. I had a 2003 Element that I hated and a 2002 Accord that the vtec went on, I come from the Chrysler world, and compared to my 2014 Dart, the only thing I miss is the exhaust note.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Quick backstory, my Girlfriend and I have been using a 2005 Colorado with 285k miles as a daily driver, and it was just getting outrageous to maintain and drive. (300+ a month in gas alone). Between that and many other issues (like the passenger seatbelt always locking up), she didn't feel safe driving it, she's a less experienced driver.

So we started looking at used cars, mostly hybrids and compact four cylinders, but she didn't enjoy small cars. On a work trip we get the chance to drive a newer (2016) Honda CRV, which she absolutely loved. And initially she was sold on buying a HRV. The financial side of my brain kicked in, and we compared costs of ownership, and I kept showing her the Insight, as gas bills were outrageous. Finally on April 20th, we went and test drove an Insight EX. I had no intention of buying that day, but we left with papers signed and delivery set for the 27th.

So now she is the proud owner of a 2019 Insight, which we use as our only vehicle. Unfortunately we live in a city with on-street parking only, so it makes no sense to have 2 cars now. Honestly, my favorite Honda yet. I had a 2003 Element that I hated and a 2002 Accord that the vtec went on, I come from the Chrysler world, and compared to my 2014 Dart, the only thing I miss is the exhaust note.
Amazing shot of your Aegean Blue Insight! The car looks really similar to the Audi A3 which I have mistaken for the Insight at night. You will come to appreciate the quietness more when you're stuck in city traffic like me.

P.S. I like how you convinced her to get a new car which you get to drive. :wink:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it was definitely a couple purchase, I think she has driven it 3 out of the 660 wish miles on the car, not a bad deal. She will drive it as she gets more comfortable, and/or days where we don't have to be somewhere at a set time. She prefers back roads to highways and traffic, both of which can be an issue on our normal commute. Luckily Albany traffic is hardly city traffic, and the direction of our commute puts us the opposite of rush hour 99% of the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts