Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Between my wife and I we've owned or leased 2 Pilots (and still have the 2011 Pilot), a Ridgeline, an Accord and a CRV. My 2009 CRV had a head gasket failure a few months ago. Walking around a Honda lot one Sunday I was checking out the Accords when I came upon one that didn't match the fuel mileage or pricing of the others...and realized it was the Insight. This car, which wasn't even on my radar of vehicles to own, quickly became my top choice.

I had my dead CRV towed in several days later (got $1700 for the trade-in) and drove out with the steel colored 2019 Insight EX. Honestly I haven't driven it all that much yet...I have an 80 mile round trip for work, all but 5 miles highway driving, but a 3 person carpool really cuts down on the driving I need to do. That said, so far I'm averaging about 49 mpg, maintaining a 75 mph cruising speed when possible.

I'm definitely satisfied with the Insight. Glad I accidently found it!

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Hello! Between my wife and I we've owned or leased 2 Pilots (and still have the 2011 Pilot), a Ridgeline, an Accord and a CRV. My 2009 CRV had a head gasket failure a few months ago. Walking around a Honda lot one Sunday I was checking out the Accords when I came upon one that didn't match the fuel mileage or pricing of the others...and realized it was the Insight. This car, which wasn't even on my radar of vehicles to own, quickly became my top choice.

I had my dead CRV towed in several days later (got $1700 for the trade-in) and drove out with the steel colored 2019 Insight EX. Honestly I haven't driven it all that much yet...I have an 80 mile round trip for work, all but 5 miles highway driving, but a 3 person carpool really cuts down on the driving I need to do. That said, so far I'm averaging about 49 mpg, maintaining a 75 mph cruising speed when possible.

I'm definitely satisfied with the Insight. Glad I accidently found it!
Welcome to the forum @Jeffandnicole and congrats on your new Insight! A handful of owners here didn't know the Insight exist until they saw one hidden on the dealership lot. The Insight has an elegant design, it got my attention when Honda showed off the prototype version, and those LED headlights... Nice job at getting the dealership to give you $1700 on a dead 2009 CRV. :wink:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I went in looking for a used generation 2 Insight for mostly local driving. Thinking a new generation 3 Insight would be too expensive, I ruled it out...that is until the salesman took me to the back lot (where they hide the Insights) and took one look. Instant WOW factor from a distance, but the more I looked at all that it offered, especially for that price point, the more I knew this was something worthy of a test drive.

This is how I remember it...That first drive was almost unreal. So smooth and solid, but not "heavy" or bulky. Definitely "different" than anything else I have driven. The seat adjustments took a while to dial in, but that eventually lined up by pumping up the height and reclining the back. It had power, but again different than non-hybrid cars. I had no idea how to drive this car until I learned about battery reserve and regenerative breaking. Once I got the hang of all that, and found Sport Mode, then it turned into the only car I want to drive. I wish all my vehicles were hybrids with that low center of gravity, handling capability and electric power. We love it!

Enjoy the new Insight. :wink:

Phil

·
Super Moderator
1,240 Posts
I started out looking for a new Civic to replace my 19yo one. Stumbled upon an Insight on the showroom floor and quickly changed my mind. Happy I did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts