Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a new guy here, I just took delivery of my 2019 Insight LX. It is one of the last 2019 models. I formerly had a Ford Fusion Energi. I was able to buy my Insight for $21,200 with destination and doc included then 9.2% Washington Sales tax.. :crying:. It included all-weather floor mats. I am not sure if that is a good deal or not. I am wholly unimpressed with the sound system and fervently looking to add a bass speaker. I love the car otherwise so far.

I am looking to do a clean unobtrusive install, I am having really hard time finding rear speaker wire harnesses I don't want to cut the stock wiring to add my line output converter for the subwoofer. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Are they the same as the Civic or Accord in the entry trim levels? Thanks (I did read around and found a few posts on the topic) but none were conclusive.

Thanks for having me here!:smile:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Install Complete

Thank you for the warm welcome evers!

I installed the sub in the rear tire well, since the car has no spare anyway. I bought a little more power than I needed because the box size is limited and its sort of muffled by the carpet/all weather trunk mat. I am pleased. Got the windows tinted. My gas mileage has been a little worse than I would like (I have read the tips in the forums) I switch to Sport to load up the battery before I drive up the hill to my house. My commute is high speed freeway (avg 78 miles per hour) other than slowing down, it looks like 46 to 48 mpg is as good as I am going to get. I took a drive out to the Washington coast, I had the car loaded up with a cooler and family, due to the lower speed highways and some very careful driving I was able to average 62 mpg for the 145 mile round-trip!

From a drivers perspective I am impressed with the car, compared to my Fusion Energi it handles great it felt heavy and the suspension was reminiscent of a wet noodle. The road noise is far worse in the Insight but that's why I improved the stereo.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,069 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome evers!

I installed the sub in the rear tire well, since the car has no spare anyway. I bought a little more power than I needed because the box size is limited and its sort of muffled by the carpet/all weather trunk mat. I am pleased. Got the windows tinted. My gas mileage has been a little worse than I would like (I have read the tips in the forums) I switch to Sport to load up the battery before I drive up the hill to my house. My commute is high speed freeway (avg 78 miles per hour) other than slowing down, it looks like 46 to 48 mpg is as good as I am going to get. I took a drive out to the Washington coast, I had the car loaded up with a cooler and family, due to the lower speed highways and some very careful driving I was able to average 62 mpg for the 145 mile round-trip!

From a drivers perspective I am impressed with the car, compared to my Fusion Energi it handles great it felt heavy and the suspension was reminiscent of a wet noodle. The road noise is far worse in the Insight but that's why I improved the stereo.
Slick looking Insight. Yours is the first black one I have seen.

You can always pick up a late model Civic spare setup for longer road-trips. The only drawback would be in needing to relocate the sub you just installed. I mostly listen to talk radio, so an upgraded sub would be wasted on me.

Congratulations on your new ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome! I'm in SW WA and also have a black Insight. Only one other black sighting in the wild around here so far.
The EX has a much better sound system, since it has 2 extra speakers

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm new here too. Got my 2019 LX July 31, replacing my 2005 Civic Hybrid (with a 5 speed). I miss it, but love the CVT. Got the white version, with black interior. Paid 21574 before taxes etc.
Still driving slow, since it's a bit bigger than my civic was. I like what I've read from the sight so far!
Steve in Denver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts