Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

My wife and I replaced my old VW Jetta (which was mysteriously losing coolant and was worth less than the likely repair cost) with a new Insight Touring on January 1. The idea was it would be my commuter car, but I have a strange feeling I am going to be driving her Outback instead :crying:

I think it's safe to say I've been around and/or owned quite a few Honda products over the years!

Growing up in the 1980's, I had an older brother who was into Honda motorcycles (Honda CB 750 street bikes and he raced Honda CR250s in motocross). My first Honda was a beat up 1974 XR 75 dirt bike (which I wrecked in pretty much every way imaginable.) After it, a series of Honda XR dirt bikes and a couple of Honda ATV's.

I grew out of that phase when I went to college, but after my wife and I got married we ended up with a Honda Civic HX (one of Honda's first CVT transmissions, and at the time their highest MPG car) as our first new car together as a couple. Because I like to tinker, I somehow ended up with an old Honda V65 Magna motorcycle one fall, and restored the re-sold it over the winter.

Fishing has always been a big part of my life, and around 2008 I purchased a small 17' Arima fishing boat that needed a lot of TLC. I bought an early 90's Honda BF8a "Classic" kicker motor (the small engine used to troll for salmon) and put thousands of hours on it over the years. I began to get more into saltwater fishing around 2012 or so, and spent many days fishing with a good friend on his Stabicraft boat, powered by twin Honda 90 hp outbards, often 40-50 miles offshore. In 2016, I replaced my little Arima with a 22' long Hewescraft, powered by a big Honda 225 hp outboard, and a Honda 8 hp kicker. I've had the boat up to 70 miles offshore, where the reliability of Honda engines is really nice to have!

When I was in the dealership negotiating the final details on the Insight, I had a random question pop into my head. I asked the sales guy what model # the oil filter on an Insight was, which set of a hilarious chain of events with him trying to chase it down and figure it out (bear in mind the service department was closed.) I'm certain the sales manager thought it was some kind of super sneaky negotiating tactic to disrupt things on their end. But what I really wanted to know was whether I could use the same oil filter as my big Honda 225 outboard (and the answer is yes I can!)

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
The 2019 Honda Insight oil filter is part# 15400-PLM-A02. Leaving that here just so you can confirm.

My first car was the 2009 Honda Civic. Then I went for a 2014 CRV but sold it a few years after to one of my aunts. Which is when I picked up a 2017 Ford Fusion sport (
325 hp and 380 Ib-ft torque). Really fun to drive car but... It had quite a few recalls and sucks gas like an F-150(17-21mpg). So late December 2018, I sold the 2009 Honda Civic and got myself the 2019 Honda Insight. It's such a nice looking Civic size car and is value packed with features I want without the extra gimmicky stuff. Also for the first time I'm seeing a return on my money at the gas pump with a car. I think I will always have a Honda even if I leave them temporarily to try other brands. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts