Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the yet to be released 2020 Civic Type R and it will get Honda Sensing for the first time..

It would be interesting to see if Honda made any improvements to Honda Sensing.

Maybe I should find a Honda dealership near the location where I had the auto braking incident with the metal plates and test drive one down that road .

·
Super Moderator
1,239 Posts
I was looking at the yet to be released 2020 Civic Type R and it will get Honda Sensing for the first time..

It would be interesting to see if Honda made any improvements to Honda Sensing.

Maybe I should find a Honda dealership near the location where I had the auto braking incident with the metal plates and test drive one down that road .
Totally do it! Make sure there is a salesman in the car with you at the time. See what he/she says when it happens.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally do it! Make sure there is a salesman in the car with you at the time. See what he/she says when it happens.

Not a bad idea..

When the new type R comes out , I’ll give this a shot.. gonna even bring my dash cam along and ask if I could hook it up.. worst they could say is no..

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Not a bad idea..

When the new type R comes out , I’ll give this a shot.. gonna even bring my dash cam along and ask if I could hook it up.. worst they could say is no..
FYI - the showroom Type R I saw last week was (literally) under lock and key at local dealership. I had to ask to have it unlocked, rather than other floor models that were readily accessible. And they promptly re-locked it after I got out. Dealer claimed to have the highest allocation of Type R's in the area, but they sure weren't acting like it...

Not sure if this is a common experience, but given the relative 'rarity' of a Type R might make test drives more guarded.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI - the showroom Type R I saw last week was (literally) under lock and key at local dealership. I had to ask to have it unlocked, rather than other floor models that were readily accessible. And they promptly re-locked it after I got out. Dealer claimed to have the highest allocation of Type R's in the area, but they sure weren't acting like it...

Not sure if this is a common experience, but given the relative 'rarity' of a Type R might make test drives more guarded.
It was the same way with the S2000. Did I ever get a test drive a brand new S2000? Many..Albeit that was about six years after it came out.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think to get a better gauge if Honda makes any improvements to Honda sensing with new type R, it’s best to go on the forums with the type R guys and see what kind of complaints (if any) they have on Honda Sensing.

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
I don't think the 2020 Type R has the enhanced Honda Sensing that the 4th gen Fit is getting. Otherwise they would have wrote more than a sentence about it in the press release for the Type R.

The 2020 Civic Type R also adds the Honda Sensing suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies, marking the first time that Honda Sensing will be available as standard equipment on all Civic models and trims.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn’t know the 2020 Fit would get enhanced Honda Sensing.. are you talking about the Jazz?

I was looking at Honda’s website and no special promotion about the enhanced Honda Sensing and did a google search too.

Any links?

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think the 2020 Type R has the enhanced Honda Sensing that the 4th gen Fit is getting. Otherwise they would have wrote more than a sentence about it in the press release for the Type R.
Which would really suck.. I mean your spending 36k+ on a vehicle and the 2020 Fit gets it?!

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
Which would really suck.. I mean your spending 36k+ on a vehicle and the 2020 Fit gets it?!
Most of that goes to the powertrain and suspension system. The Type R doesn't even have the newer infotainment software and hardware that the Insight/Accord have either.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Most of that goes to the powertrain and suspension system. The Type R doesn't even have the newer infotainment software and hardware that the Insight/Accord have either.
Isn't that true of the Entire Civic Line-up?

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
Isn't that true of the Entire Civic Line-up?
Yes. The Type R is part of the Civic series and a major redesign isn't due until the 11th gen Civic. If the Insight was called Civic Hybrid we would've been stuck with things like the old infotainment system and steering wheel, too.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
I think of the Type R audience as sports-driving enthusiasts who are more into driving performance than interior amenities. And those driving enthusiasts may find Honda Sensing more of a hindrance to their driving, than help. ;) The other GenX Civics with manual transmissions are 'only' the Civic LX, Civic Sport, and Civic Si.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts