·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
47 Posts
2020 Insight tomorrow?

It looks like the 2020 Insight will be released tomorrow? One upgrade that I'm seeing is the addition of a Platinum White Pearl exterior choice. Anybody hear/know anything else on the 2020? If everything else stays the same, I'm snagging a deal on a 2019 Lunar Silver Metallic Touring.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like the 2020 Insight will be released tomorrow? One upgrade that I'm seeing is the addition of a Platinum White Pearl exterior choice. Anybody hear/know anything else on the 2020? If everything else is the same, I'm snagging a deal on a 2019 Lunar Silver Metallic Touring.
Yep, I made a thread in the news section of the forum (https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/97-2019-insight-news/2740-2020-honda-insight-arriving-dealerships-tomorrow-7-16-2019-a.html).

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
I guess we'll see tomorrow if the Platinum White Pearl will replace the White Orchid Pearl or be in addition to it...

When the GenX Civic (2016 model year) first came out, they offered it in both Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl. (I remember this because I thought it was weird to have two options for white exterior.) At the Civic refresh (2019 model year) they consolidated down to one exterior white option in Platinum White Pearl.

My guess is that the Insight will move to having just the one Platinum White exterior option, similar to it being the Civic's only current white option.

Other than that, it still irks me a bit that Honda refers to the Civic as a "compact" hybrid (as in the article linked above), when the car's dimensions and fuel efficiency ranking are recognized by the EPA as mid-size.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I wonder if Honda is doing it to cheap out on the speckles but then again my white orchid pearl Insight doesn't seem to have as much speckles as the sample shown above.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
I wonder if Honda is doing it to cheap out on the speckles but then again my white orchid pearl Insight doesn't seem to have as much speckles as the sample shown above.
Wow, those 'white' samples look silver next to each other. Maybe White Orchid Pearl will become a collector's color...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Boy, that's disappointing. I guess I'm happy because I'll have the same thing that new buyers get (and I got it all one year earlier), but did Honda not see enough sales to justify continued investment in the platform? Were they always planning a wait-and-see approach?

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow, those 'white' samples look silver next to each other. Maybe White Orchid Pearl will become a collector's color...
I just took a look at the Honda website. It seems like every white color Honda vehicle is Platinum White. Only the Insight is White Orchid Pearl and Type R is Championship White.

• Championship White (off white)
  • White Orchid Pearl (somewhere in the middle)
  • Platinum White (most white)
^Based on what I found by googling.

Boy, that's disappointing. I guess I'm happy because I'll have the same thing that new buyers get (and I got it all one year earlier), but did Honda not see enough sales to justify continued investment in the platform? Were they always planning a wait-and-see approach?
I don't know but it's normal for Honda to not make any changes until 3 years after a new generation is introduced. Most of us were just hoping to get some of the Japanese Insight's amenities but judging by the Canadian Insight it seems Honda made an intentional decision to leave things out of the American Insight(to hit a certain price point and not cannibalize the hybrid accord?).

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How sure are we that small changes haven't been made? (sunglasses holder, etc) It could just not be announced?
I guess we will find out soon when dealerships start taking pictures for their inventory online or some members currently shopping for an Insight checks one out. The 2020 feature & spec page looks the same as the 2019.

MSRP on my EX when I bought it December 2018. $24,060 (Destination $895)
MSRP on EX when I last checked during February 2019. $24,160 (Destination $920)
MSRP on 2020 EX. $24,310 (Destination $930)

MSRP went up by $250 (Destination $35) in less than a year. The LX only went up by $100 earlier this year but Honda is keeping the 2020 LX Insight at the same price. Just something interesting I noticed even though nobody pays MSRP.

Part of me is also curious what build number the display audio software that the 2020 model year Insight comes with.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have a service appointment Saturday, I'll see if any 2020 insights are in stock, and see what I can notice.
@andrew28 how exactly would I find build number in the infotainment, I'll be sure to take note for you, if they have one in stock.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
https://automobiles.honda.com/insight
Honda updated the Insight’s homepage. White Orchid Pearl is gone.
Are the underbody front/side/rear spoiler accessories new?
The underbody spoilers offered on the Japanese Insight are definitely new plus the trunk trim.
I have a service appointment Saturday, I'll see if any 2020 insights are in stock, and see what I can notice.

@andrew28 how exactly would I find build number in the infotainment, I'll be sure to take note for you, if they have one in stock.
It's located in settings>vehicle(it might be systems?) settings>about. It should show a build date within kernel version.

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wonder if the underbody lip kits will be paint matched like the other OEM Honda lips. Its only available in black on the site. If anyone can come up with a part number, please post. Thank you!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did they at least fix the MPH/KPH thing? I'd like to see a few other things like stock rear usb ports/seat back pockets and maybe some better console design/sunglass holder/storage. Throw in lumbar adjustment on the seat too.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess I was wrong about the amount of speckles on my Insight. Light needs to hit the paint a certain way for them to appear and I sort of need to be up close to see it.

@Wifey'sInsight - if it doesn't look too awkward/weird for you to do, would also be interested in pictures of this 'new' underbody on the 2020.
^Here's a video of it on the Japanese Insight.

I wonder if the underbody lip kits will be paint matched like the other OEM Honda lips. Its only available in black on the site. If anyone can come up with a part number, please post. Thank you!
The Japanese Insight only offered them in Black so I would assume it's the same for us. Part numbers for the American Insight are below that I found at College Hills Honda.
Front - 08F01-TXM-100
Side - 08F04-TXM-100

Rear - 08F03-TXM-100

Up close pics of them on the Japanese Insight

Did they at least fix the MPH/KPH thing? I'd like to see a few other things like stock rear usb ports/seat back pockets and maybe some better console design/sunglass holder/storage. Throw in lumbar adjustment on the seat too.
Honda pretty much used the same stock photos for the 2020 Insight website so it doesn't seem likely they made any changes. I think the Touring already has seat back pockets. I'm curious if they added the MPH digital speedometer, too.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
Honda pretty much used the same stock photos for the 2020 Insight website so it doesn't seem likely they made any changes. I think the Touring already has seat back pockets. I'm curious if they added the MPH digital speedometer, too.
Yes, the Touring trim comes with one (1) passenger side seatback pocket. So generous of Honda to provide an extra square of fabric and some thread for top trim (ha).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts