Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. First post on here. Been lurking and enjoying all the influx of information on the Insight! I'm always watching videos whenever I can while I save up for this beauty of a car.

Today I noticed Honda uploaded a bunch of videos on their Youtube channel recently for the Insight. You guys think they going to start advertising harder this year with the 2020 model? Thanks for being awesome you guys.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,334 Posts
I think they're just old ones being re-uploaded again to their channel. They seem similar to the ones I have seen last year.

·
Super Moderator
3,314 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Ever hopeful that the Insight will be better-marketed! Want the car to sell enough that mechanics get familiar with it and parts stay cheap and readily available. :)

I think Honda occasionally re-labels and pushes their existing videos out to drive new traffic/interest, and the process zeros the "view" counter on youtube (?). When I bought my 2019 Insight, many of of their listed videos were new-to-me and looked low on views, but others who bought before me had already seen. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/22-2019-honda-insight-photos-videos/732-2019-insight-tv-commercial-marketing-video-links.html

In addition to their marketing videos, the Honda youtube channel has several helpful "how to" videos for using the tech in the car. Some videos are listed twice to show the steps for color audio (LX) and display audio (EX, Touring), but are helpful reference for those who prefer 'visual' rather than 'manual/reading' tips.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
1,065 Posts
I have yet to see a single print, TV or radio ad for the Insight. People don't know what they're missing! Th dealer I bought Simcoe from sends me ads - for Accords, insights, CRVs and Pilots. They don't advertise the Insight!

·
Super Moderator
3,314 Posts
I recall seeing the "MEH" TV commercials air in Oct-Dec 2018 when I first bought, but they were infrequent and few compared to their top selling models. - https://www.gen3insight.com/forum/3238-post2.html

Haven't seen these TV commercials re-air since then.
World of MEH - youtube.com/watch?v=unzx-ttXuBE
Introducing the Insight - youtube.com/watch?v=7GwM3keWW9I​

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think they're just old ones being re-uploaded again to their channel. They seem similar to the ones I have seen last year.
It does appear to be familiar but hopefully it's their way of adding some exposure on their channel for this car.

·
Super Moderator
3,314 Posts
Seems like there's another concerted push from Honda (company/dealer-wide email?) on this video of "Insight versus Prius."

It's not a new video, but multiple dealers in CA, MA and AL re-posted the following identical 15-second video today. Maybe it's a sign that this commercial will finally/actually make it to TV screens soon -?:

·
Super Moderator
3,314 Posts
Seeing another youtube trend of Insight videos posted versus competition (Toyota Corolla and Chevy Cruze). 12 similar (previously-released) Honda Insight videos were posted today by dealers in CA, MI, IN, MA, NY.

I recall seeing my first Insight TV commercial around this time last year, and I'm hoping this means Honda will start airing these commercials on TVs and other media in the near future. #GoTeamInsight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts