Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2020 for my Wife last Friday. Our first Hybrid. I have been driving conversion EV's as my daily driver since 2000, so this car is fun for me. My Wife says she will "just drive it".
She is a bit concerned about the car since the infotainment screen display went black after a right blinker lane change in our two hour drive home from the dealer. It just needed an update. This car had been sitting at the stealership for a year, so no updates in a while.

·
Administrator
4,313 Posts
Welcome to the forum! And I like the creative user ID. :)

The Insight is also my first hybrid (and first new car in 20 years... coz my Hondas have been reliable!). It was intimidating to make the transition in technology and powertrain, but asking questions and learning about the car here helped make the transition feel more 'normal.' Hopefully the same happens for your wife.

Perhaps the infotainment needed a reset/reboot, after sitting on the lot a while between test drives (?). The infotainment system continues to run (accumulates uptime) even while the car is powered off. - Infotainment System - Restarting/Rebooting Instructions

Was a phone plugged in when the screen went blank (i.e. CarPlay or Android Auto)? There's a tip in the following thread that helped with calls and may help with screen management ongoing. - CarPlay with IOS 14

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the welcome. These forums have been a great information source already. I am updating the maps as we speak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts