Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
Discussion Starter #1

I didn't expect the 2021 Honda Insight to arrive so early and come with some new additions. 馃槷

Super Moderator
Interesting timing for a 2021 Insight model; ~3 months earlier than the 2019 and 2020 came out. I wonder if they're doing this to bridge the discontinuation of the Clarity EV, since new Clarity models usually release in Dec/Jan (?). And I wonder if they're considering these changes to be the mid-cycle "refresh" for the Insight? But maybe this launch timing also explains why relatively few 2020 models were produced (?) - Honda limiting the amount of 2020 Insights being built at the factory?

The new red color standardizes with the "Radiant Red" Accord offering, similar to the move to a single white (Platinum White) last model year across Civic / Accord / Insight.

Love the addition of blind spot monitoring, and I think it signals Honda will be moving to that on all cars to come, replacing LaneWatch. Hopefully it's something that can be retrofit onto our 2019-2020 Insight model years. It would involve extra sensors on rear quarter panels plus wiring, but at least would be an available feature.

Too bad wireless CarPlay wasn't added, as on the 2020 Fit.
With both this new model year Insight and the CR-V hybrid being produced for US at Greensburg, IN, likely another reason Honda kept production for a while post-CV19 announcements. With gas prices dropping, will be interested in how many people will still be interested in buying one of these hybrids right now.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
We might be getting some accessories and Japanese Insight features with each model year as they bump the MSRP up. During the 2020 model year we got the Japanese Insight's modulo spoilers and now blindspot monitoring + radiant red color for 2021. Power folding mirrors, and rear vents could be next? :D

I think this is the radiant red color for the Japanese Insight.

Super Moderator
Interesting... there's a crystal red. So it's even more brighter than radiant red?
Yes, Crystal Red would be brighter than Radiant Red - based on Honda's online color representation of Radiant Red (US Accord) versus Crystal Red (JP Civic and JP Insight) above.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Honda removed Aegean Blue from the 2021 Honda Insight. :( If you choose the LX, your color choices are White and Modern Steel only.

Honda is starting to charge extra for certain colors.
  • White $395
  • Red $395
  • Cosmic Blue $395
Also Ivory interior is exclusive to these colors.

Super Moderator
A few more observations on US color options:
  • Mocha interior was removed as an interior option for Modern Steel and Crystal Black exterior offering.
  • Ivory interior is only available on EX or Touring trims, with upcharge for one of the 'premium' exterior colors.
  • Platinum White is the only exterior offered with choice of Ivory or Black interior; other exteriors are offered with only one interior color choice (Ivory OR Black).
This makes the base offering similar to Canada, in that the base US model (LX) is only offered in White or Steel with only Black interior. The 2021 model year isn't listed as of today on the Honda Canada site.

The following are the only exterior/interior combinations listed for the (US) 2021 Insight:

The original / former US color combinations offered for 2019 and 2020 model year Insights were as follows (per press kit):

Registered
OMG! It figures that they would dump my crimson Pearl for a brighter racing red. And at a premium too! I am unimpressed by this constant search for more cash for exterior colors. I know, I'm being b**chy here, but these aren't Ferraris. They're friggin Hondas and I think they can afford to paint my darn car a color without extra money. Now, if I choose to get the blind spot mirrors for my car and retrofit BSM into my car, I'll have to paint the friggin mirrors. For all those wondering why I'm so grumpy, it's crap luck like this that just burns my butt hairs. Karma as black as my salty attitude.馃槣

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #13
OMG! It figures that they would dump my crimson Pearl for a brighter racing red. And at a premium too! I am unimpressed by this constant search for more cash for exterior colors. I know, I'm being b**chy here, but these aren't Ferraris. They're friggin Hondas and I think they can afford to paint my darn car a color without extra money. Now, if I choose to get the blind spot mirrors for my car and retrofit BSM into my car, I'll have to paint the friggin mirrors. For all those wondering why I'm so grumpy, it's crap luck like this that just burns my butt hairs. Karma as black as my salty attitude.馃槣
We got a good deal on the 2019 Honda Insight before the premium color charge, MSRP, and delivery charge increase. ;)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing annoys grumpy people like me more than optimistic people who point out the good things in life. Andrew! Stop mocking me! Be grumpy and feel superior to everyone else like I do! 馃槣馃お馃榿
馃コ

Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX
WOPs and Crimsons are going to be the collector's items! Look at the bright side! (We all know WOPs are the best though.)

If you decide to swap your mirrors, just go with black ones and leave it at that.It should still look nice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts