Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone !

Just curious does anyone have a 2021 Insight Touring w/ the Dark/Black interior .I just got one however I realized it today that the ones I was looking at all had a leather center console and mine is like fabric/cloth ? Ive checked online and even the pictures show leather. Is it only on specific Touring that have the leather?

·
Administrator
4,709 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The Touring trim (versus LX/EX) is the only Gen3 Insight with standard leather interior. Seems odd that your Touring center console is fabric; even LX/EX owners have previously bought/upgraded the fabric console to leather using Touring parts - Replace Center Armrest on EX

Could you share picture of center console? Fabric vs leather difference is pretty noticeable, given the different textures. Are both the left/right side pieces and the center console lid fabric on your car? Also, are your door panel armrests leather?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah everything is Leather in the car - I didn't even realize it until today ( bought the car 3 days ago ) have been dealing with a broken rattling vent and the dealer not installing the protection package . It's just all a mess and now the center console / arm rest .

Dealer says that I don't know what I am taking about and just want to harass them . Yet everything I look up and others I have been in all have leather .... Seems odd to me - They said the window sticker sticker doesn't say leather center console but no window stickers do .

Honda's site shows leather and dealerships selling w/ pictures show leather. But they disagree. I even looked up the part and it shows a leather one is the replacement for the car sho it should have it ? I don't know how to properly explain it to them to where they would understand haha - They never had Touring Ones on the lot before I guess .

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,709 Posts
Dang, what a poor customer experience. The dealer knows you get a 'new car' survey from Honda Corporate and other 'initial quality' survey companies, right?

You can contact Honda Customer Service directly at 800-999-1099 - snapshot from the "Customer Satisfaction" section of base warranty manual is below:

Your center console pictures are certainly fabric, and looks wrong for a Touring. Maybe dealer can be convinced if you open a complaint directly with Honda, and get Corporate to confirm what the spec should be for a 2021 Touring Insight center console.

On the bright side, it looks like from your pictures that your door armrests are leather (smooth), just as they should be for a Touring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah it definitely looks wrong and of place . Just confused as to why or how that even happened . I’ve searched everywhere and from what I see it should all be leather . This throws the look off .

I’ll definitely call them Monday . They are probably closed tomorrow .

but was curious if anyone else in here has a fabric like mine or if I’m the odd one

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
703 Posts
Yeah it definitely looks wrong and of place . Just confused as to why or how that even happened . I’ve searched everywhere and from what I see it should all be leather . This throws the look off .

I’ll definitely call them Monday . They are probably closed tomorrow .

but was curious if anyone else in here has a fabric like mine or if I’m the odd one
Yeah it's definitely suppose to be leather. I think after hearing this and many other people complain I'd like you guys to consider opening a new poll on the site. It should read as follows:

Is Verdier the only one who has dealerships that actually want to help their customers and not insult them?

Sheesh! It seems like most Honda dealerships go out of their way NOT to help their customers! 🤪

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,470 Posts
Most definitely should be leather! I got five bucks that says it was built on a Monday or Friday.

Reactions: bryan

·
Registered
188 Posts
This is some kind of build mistake, just like how my US Insight has the Canadian passenger airbag light in front of the shifter instead of the US version (the pictograph looks different between the 2 countries). Its not a big deal in my case as it functions the same. In your case, it looks awful and should be rectified by your dealer. If they don’t have another touring model on their lot to compare to, I’d call Honda customer service and open a complaint, specifically saying that your car has a model specific build mistake and you want it fixed.

Reactions: hasarad

·
Registered
14 Posts
Luckily its a relatively easy fix for them - just a replacement with the proper leather one. I would be pissed off. I have the EX, and I have a cut to size leather cover I put on the fabric, because I KNOW my arm/elbow will make that fabric nasty in no time. If you paid all that for the Touring Trim, you need to DEMAND what you expected and what websites show.

·
Registered
13 Posts
parts 5, 10, 11 on diagram.
couldn't find lid in college hill directory

here are part #s for the sides
83416-TXM-A01ZA
83411-TXM-A01ZA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They finally agreed to order the correct leather one for the car after I created a case with Honda and told them how horrible the dealership was . Then all the sudden they are ordering and fixing everything I can think of 😂

1 - 13 of 13 Posts