Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw for the first time today that the Honda website vehicle locator is showing that my local dealer has a 2021 Insight Touring, Grey with black interior, in stock. I live in Southern Indiana, so it makes sense we would be one of the first areas to receive new shipments.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Same here! Inventory showing 2 in transit (both Touring trims) to dealers within a nearby 12 mile radius.

I've (literally) been checking the Honda site daily for inventory changes, so this is definitely the first sign of 2021 movement posted by Honda.

Having bought my Insight when it was newly posted inventory, it was roughly 2 weeks from first seeing it online to being able to pick up at west coast dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
^I assume this is the inventory checker? I'm not seeing any 2021s coming to Boston yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
^I assume this is the inventory checker? I'm not seeing any 2021s coming to Boston yet.
Yes - from the Honda U.S. Autos site --> Shopping Tools --> Search Inventory --> "FIND" 2021 Insight.

I found this "main" Honda site was best at listing new inventory that was being pushed to dealers. Dealer sites were slow and/or inconsistent at adding the new inventory to their own sites.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I haven't seen any Denver metro dealers with 2021's yet. Though the inventory seems to be dwindling a bit.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
10 2020s left in the Boston area with 2 more in transit.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Same here! Inventory showing 2 in transit (both Touring trims) to dealers within a nearby 12 mile radius.
Out of curiosity, I checked the remaining Insight inventory for the now THREE area dealers within 15 miles, with 2021 models listed as "in transit." None have the new red color in transit, and no dealer has the 2021 listed on their site yet.

1st dealer (1 unit 2021 platinum white + 5 units 2020 in transit)
30 units 2020 inventory left (17 EX + 13 Touring)

2nd dealer (1 unit 2021 modern steel + 0 units 2020 in transit)
20 units 19/20 inventory left (1 2019 LX + 14 2020 EX + 5 2020 Touring)

3rd dealer (1 unit 2021 white added today + 5 units 2020 in transit)
14 units 2020 inventory left (5 EX + 9 Touring)

Given the high amount of inventory left at these dealers, it's possible these 2021s are to fill orders from people who already bought, rather than building up inventory. Maybe people really want the Blind Spot Information system, instead of LaneWatch (?).

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Out of curiosity, I checked the remaining Insight inventory for the now THREE area dealers within 15 miles, with 2021 models listed as "in transit." None have the new red color in transit, and no dealer has the 2021 listed on their site yet.
Another two 2021 models (Crystal Black EX and Modern Steel EX) heading to "1st dealer" (which happens to be a "Costco" dealer). This brings 5 total 2021 models now listed as in-transit within 15 miles. No new "red" color models being sent out yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a radiant red 2021 on its way to a close by dealer in Clarksville, IN. A grey with black interior is on the lot where I bought mine in Louisville, KY

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure where this is in proximity to you, but as of today, there's a 2021 EX (Modern Steel) listed as in-transit to "Mile High Honda" in Denver, CO.
So, buy a Honda and become a member of the mile high club! That’s quite the incentive. Too bad I’ve already purchased my insight...

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
There is a radiant red 2021 on its way to a close by dealer in Clarksville, IN. A grey with black interior is on the lot where I bought mine in Louisville, KY
Since you've been a fan and owner of the 2019/2020 Crimson Pearl, I'm interested in your impression of the new "Radiant Red" Metallic. Please share what you think if you have a chance to see once it delivers to your nearby dealer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Insightfully
That's where I bought my Insight. I haven't seen it on their website as of yet. . .
Besides, I need to go there and have my oil changed. . .

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
That's where I bought my Insight. I haven't seen it on their website as of yet. . .
Dealers are slow to load inventory compared to Honda. Average transit time is ~2 weeks, and the dealer will be more motivated to add it to online inventory (if not already sold).

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just found the first 2021 in Radiant Red for sale with pictures.

Good find! We saw this color on an Accord hybrid back when we bought our Crimson pearl. Definitely a personal preference choice. My wife believes the crimson pearl is a bit more of a “luxury car look”, where the radiant red seems a bit too loud/flashy (at least to her). I’m sure the younger crowd, or those wanting a “red” car might feel differently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice detective work.... anyone in forum near Iowa City? :)

The Radiant Red looks brighter (less brown?) than the prior Crimson Pearl exterior, but kinda hard to tell without being side by side and in same bright outdoor lighting.
Yeah, I live just a few miles from there. I'll have to stop over and check it out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts