Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Touring - PWP / Ivory
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m unexpectedly shopping for a new car after my 15 year old Toyota Corolla was totaled in an accident (not my fault).

I’m looking at buying a 2022 Touring, but with the chip shortage, the options are pretty limited and negotiation seems unlikely. And there are no 2021’s to be had anywhere at a lower price.

I paid $4k under MSRP on a new Honda 2019 Odyssey EX-L in Sep of 2019, but negotiating that kind of discount seems unlikely in the current environment.

The best out the door price (incl taxes and tags and markup for the pearly white color) I’ve gotten so far is $32,678.

What have people been paying for the 2022 Touring? Has anyone been able to get it for less than MSRP?

Anyone have tips on negotiating in the current environment?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a Touring last Tues, completely thrilled. I paid $29,781 but that was using the Costco Auto Program. It was the only one at the two closest dealerships to me and was the exact trim & ext/int color package I wanted so I snagged it. I'm 20 miles north of Seattle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought a Touring last Tues, completely thrilled. I paid $29,781 but that was using the Costco Auto Program. It was the only one at the two closest dealerships to me and was the exact trim & ext/int color package I wanted so I snagged it. I'm 20 miles north of Seattle.
Was that Out The Door? PS The Insight is getting well known now, and very very hard to find in our area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That was before dealer prep, tax & license .. out the door was $33,939. I think those fees vary so had left them out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
In today’s market, MSRP is what you should expect. My local dealer had only a handful of new cars on their lot. While hybrids aren’t big sellers right now, overall stock is so low dealers won’t give discounts. It’s definitely not a buyer’s market currently.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,051 Posts
Was that Out The Door? PS The Insight is getting well known now, and very very hard to find in our area.
There's only 3 Insights left in the Boston area and one of them is my local dealership but the picture is clearly a Civic... 🤔

I've never seen inventory this low before which explains why my used Insight went up by $1k the past 2 weeks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I guess my 2020 insight touring for $25k that included +$1K add-on's was a pretty good deal then...dang

I've read that used inventory is actually priced higher in some cases over new vehicles since factories are shutting down in NA due to production (chip issues)....

·
Registered
2022 Touring - PWP / Ivory
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
To follow-up, yesterday (9/6) I purchased a 2022 Honda Insight Touring in Platinum White Pearl with the Protection Plan (splash guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, nitrogen in tires) for $32,000 out the door (including dealer fees and taxes, title, tags) in Midlothian, VA.

Pretty happy with that deal, given the market. Was able to find enough vehicles in the state to do a little bit of negotiation.

·
Registered
164 Posts
To follow-up, yesterday (9/6) I purchased a 2022 Honda Insight Touring in Platinum White Pearl with the Protection Plan (splash guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, nitrogen in tires) for $32,000 out the door (including dealer fees and taxes, title, tags) in Midlothian, VA.

Pretty happy with that deal, given the market. Was able to find enough vehicles in the state to do a little bit of negotiation.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase. I looked at Pearson Honda in 2019 and was close to purchasing an EX from them but my wife wanted a different color which they did not have. I ended up purchasing my Insight from Colonial Honda because they had the color and a slightly better price than Pearson.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,051 Posts

Congrats on your new Insight! Virginia and Georgia were the 2 states I remember having some of the best deals for Insights before the pandemic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts