Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KN0UOEE/
So I bought a bottle of this stuff after checking out Amazon/Youtube reviews. It restored the black exterior plastic(front grille, radar area, bottle half of the side mirrors, black plastic door trim, the rear bottom black part, and the 2 strips of black plastic on the roof) to shiny and like new again. Also applied this stuff to the interior front & rear dash, doors, tires, and wiper blade arms.

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
I noticed the Meguiar's Interior Detailer which was previously recommended lists UV protection coverage. I bought Meguiar's because it looked like all their interior products included UV protection across the full product line, and liked that I could both clean and protect in same step.

Do you think the separate/extra UV application is needed? Also, did you notice any of the surfaces becoming more shiny from the separate UV application, versus matte from the Interior Detailer only?

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I noticed the Meguiar's Interior Detailer which was previously recommended lists UV protection coverage. I bought Meguiar's because it looked like all their interior products included UV protection across the full product line, and liked that I could both clean and protect in same step.

Do you think the separate/extra UV application is needed? Also, did you notice any of the surfaces becoming more shiny from the separate UV application, versus matte from the Interior Detailer only?
Rinse-free formula leaves a non-greasy, dry matte finish with no odor and is non toxic and water based. 100% free of grease-producing silicone oils and petroleum distillates.
Shiny was probably a poor choice of words, it restored the black plastic to a darker black, and since I did it around sunset some of the street lights bouncing off the trim made it look shiny, too. It was definitely matte and dry the next day. I mainly purchased this to UV protect the exterior plastic and tire(I don't like using tire dressing because I have been warned those type of products can dry & crack the rubber by my local Costco tire techs. Since this stuff is water based it should be safe). The 303 is intended to be apply to a clean surface so you still need to use a cleaner for the interior. The Meguiar's product is a "interior" cleaner so I still plan on using that before applying the 303 for extra UV protection & repelling dust on the interior. Even though the 303 works on rubber, I plan on using the Honda silicone greaser instead.

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just want to clarify I will be using the Honda silicone greaser for rubber like the door seals and not the tire. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts