Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share this youtube video of this 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid owner who got 200K miles on his original hybrid battery, 12V engine battery, brake pads, and brake rotors. In the video he explains that the only maintanence he really did was full synthetic oil changes, transmission fluid changes and tire changes. He said he was consistant with his use of the re-gen brakes to reduce brake pad/rotor wear. Seems like a good sign for us 2019+ Insight owners. Our cars are of course newer and more refined models of a Honda hybrid vehicle which means it should last just as long if not longer. Here is a link to the original youtube video.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Impressive, but those brake rotors though lol. Holy hell! Glad to hear his windshield is soft as well.. I wonder if that helps with the sound deadening..

·
Registered
93 Posts
So I had a 2013 Accord LX that I bought in early 2013. Sold it after 5 years and 128k miles.

My front brakes lasted 123k miles. Probably could have went longer but I was taking a road trip and wanted to smooth out the rotors minor vibration during high speed braking. It probably could have went another 20k miles.

The windshield bis very soft as he mentioned. It hazed from all the thousands of micro pits and drove me nuts while driving at night during year 5 of ownership. I tried claying and random orbital polishing which didn't help.

Anyways... A great car and I spent very little on maintenance. I did most of the maintenance myself. Sparkplug and CVT fluid changes, batteries, Light bulbs, wipers, gas cap. The belts were good so I never replaced them. Replaced rear wheel bearing myself at 120 k miles.

His hybrid has seem to have more issues... Airbag, abs module....

Great gas car IMHO. Paid less than 22k out the door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts