Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the radar feature especially here in Florida. When the rain comes down so hard you can barely see it gives you a little more confidence while driving.

·
Administrator
4,697 Posts
I love the radar feature especially here in Florida. When the rain comes down so hard you can barely see it gives you a little more confidence while driving.
Has the rain ever been so extreme that it shuts down the CMBS or ACC during your drive? "Bad weather" like rain and fog are mentioned by Honda as reasons Honda Sensing may turn off (amber indicator) due to obscured markings, vehicle tracks, reflected lights, road spray and high contrast.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,457 Posts
Has the rain ever been so extreme that it shuts down the CMBS or ACC during your drive? "Bad weather" like rain and fog are mentioned by Honda as reasons Honda Sensing may turn off (amber indicator) due to obscured markings, vehicle tracks, reflected lights, road spray and high contrast.
I wouldn't recommend using ACC in the rain. Too many horror stories about hydroplaning. As for CMBS, I've driven in a few monsoon-like storms, and have never received a warning. The only time I've heard of CBMS going offline is due to snow/ice build-up on the radar unit.

On a positive note, the CMBS kept me from running over the gas station attendant the other day when he stepped out from between the pumps. Yeah, I'm from NJ, so we have people that pump our gas (and mess with the fuel filler door thinking it's a Civic, and splash gas down the side of the car trying to top it off - this is why I open the filler door ahead of time, and jump out when the pump clicks off and say "I got this" to the attendant (who's always busy and appreciates the help)).

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you have your wipers turned on full blast, you will lose lane keep assist, but radar should be able to see through the rain.. I have driven enough times to verify this. As for fog, the only issue I have had with fog is that the auto brightness for the headlights decided to turn on when there were cars around me.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't recommend using ACC in the rain. Too many horror stories about hydroplaning. As for CMBS, I've driven in a few monsoon-like storms, and have never received a warning. The only time I've heard of CBMS going offline is due to snow/ice build-up on the radar unit.

On a positive note, the CMBS kept me from running over the gas station attendant the other day when he stepped out from between the pumps. Yeah, I'm from NJ, so we have people that pump our gas (and mess with the fuel filler door thinking it's a Civic, and splash gas down the side of the car trying to top it off - this is why I open the filler door ahead of time, and jump out when the pump clicks off and say "I got this" to the attendant (who's always busy and appreciates the help)).
I use it.. I also pay attention while using it (and in the manual it says that if slip or any issues are detected the system will disengage immediately). Needless to say - even if I wasn't using it, the radar is always running even in the rain and will alert you just as it normally would that you are approaching another vehicle too quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts