Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that the ACC setting is time based and not distance based. I noticed that at higher speeds, the same setting will manage a greater distance to the car ahead. 1 bar ~ 1 second, 2 ~ seconds, etc. It will also slow you down sooner if the car ahead is traveling significantly slower than you.
My experience with ACC on freeway curves while passing has not been great either. I'll use ACC in rural areas, but not really anywhere else.

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
I think that the ACC setting is time based and not distance based. I noticed that at higher speeds, the same setting will manage a greater distance to the car ahead. 1 bar ~ 1 second, 2 ~ seconds, etc. It will also slow you down sooner if the car ahead is traveling significantly slower than you.
Confirming that interval is time-based. See attached page from Manual which shows same time per interval in seconds, independent of set speed. The actual stopping distance difference is based on speed traveled within the time interval.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
My experience with ACC on freeway curves while passing has not been great either. I'll use ACC in rural areas, but not really anywhere else.
Yep, that’s how it works.
6CEAE67C-F3D5-479E-8967-9D949F7ED4A9.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts