Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
Doubtful they'd work on a current year unless they support BSM.

·
Registered
2019 EX Space Gray
43 Posts
Thanks for posting about this product. What trim level do you have?

Is the difference between the view with these and the standard mirrors as dramatic as the video on the site suggests?

I wonder if the EX and LX have the wiring and will work for the turn signal mirror?

It looks like the pair without that feature are $10 less on the site you linked to. The EX has heated mirrors. I don't know if the LX does. Without the defrost feature it's another $10 less.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting about this product. What trim level do you have?

Is the difference between the view with these and the standard mirrors as dramatic as the video on the site suggests?

I wonder if the EX and LX have the wiring and will work for the turn signal mirror?

It looks like the pair without that feature are $10 less on the site you linked to. The EX has heated mirrors. I don't know if the LX does. Without the defrost feature it's another $10 less.
The LX aren’t heated, they are pretty convex. Tbh I might just switch back and sell these. You’d have to do the wiring to make the turn signal work the ex and lx don’t have it nor does the touring either I think. Let me know if you want to buy these from me I’ll discount them.

·
Registered
2019 EX Space Gray
43 Posts
Thanks for the information. I'll think about it. I saw you put them up for sale on a separate thread :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information. I'll think about it. I saw you put them up for sale on a separate thread :)
I actually emailed the company and the owner is letting me send them back, reinstalled the old mirrors. Sadly my auto skills aren’t up to snuff and I screwed the adjustment up so it no longer works on the drivers side. If you buy them might be worth just having a shop install them even tho it’s pretty simple

·
Registered
2019 EX Space Gray
43 Posts
Thanks for the update.Can you be more specific about why you returned them? Logically, objects in the mirror would be considerably smaller than the standard mirror and somewhat distorted because of the convexity of the glass. Was one of those the reasons?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the update.Can you be more specific about why you returned them? Logically, objects in the mirror would be considerably smaller than the standard mirror and somewhat distorted because of the convexity of the glass. Was one of those the reasons?
That’s exactly why. Tbh I liked the blue tint but I didn’t expect it to make it is distorted and small as it did. Worst part is I screwed up my drivers side mirror up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts