Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to buy a bunch of stuff to install this myself at Harbor Freight but oh well.. no shop wanted to do this job. I basically had to drill into calipers and screw the caliper covers tight to the caliper.. my cordless drill was running out of battery and it’s getting dark so I only did the left side.. the right side awaits me next week. It was a long job as I had to dremel cut the covers so they would fit properly. But they look awesome!

top pic: front left wheel
middle pic :back left wheel

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll be honest here when I saw the title of this thread, before I even saw the pix, I thought they would look like crap but wow! That looks nice!
Did they have different colors? I was kinda thinking about black for mine!
Again, very nice!(y)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, they had multiple colors but I went with yellow because I’ve seen it on other cars and I thought it looked good on my car with black wheels. The contrast between black and yellow is beautiful. I saw some other yellow caliper covers, but they look flimsy, this one looks solid. Like this:

Font Line Screenshot Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Plus painting is far more work if you want to get it right and not have to do it again. If I were to paint, I would have to remove calipers, prep, paint, and wait for it to cure, which would be hours and hours. With this, I was back on road within 2 hours.

I got inspiration for yellow calipers from some of those Alfa Romeo sedans, which have a colored caliper option I believe. I now have a sporty vehicle that is way more reliable and fuel efficient than any Alfa Romeo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts