Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m specifically interested in replacing the front door speaker with a 2 way 6.5” while keeping the stock tweeters. Will this work without issue and will I get improved sound quality without adding an amp? Or will this mess up the sound stage by adding an extra set of tweeters? Is it a better idea to just replace the stock component system with a component system? Even though component systems are theoretically better, I seem to prefer the sound coming from a 2 way speaker. I’m not looking for concert level sound quality, just something better than what I have now.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
729 Posts
I’m specifically interested in replacing the front door speaker with a 2 way 6.5” while keeping the stock tweeters. Will this work without issue and will I get improved sound quality without adding an amp? Or will this mess up the sound stage by adding an extra set of tweeters? Is it a better idea to just replace the stock component system with a component system? Even though component systems are theoretically better, I seem to prefer the sound coming from a 2 way speaker. I’m not looking for concert level sound quality, just something better than what I have now.
You can put a 2 way speaker in there but it may not get all the frequencies necessary to take advantage of the built in tweeter since the system is tuned to send certain frequencies to the woofer and the component tweeter. Give it a try and see if you like it better.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got my Kicker DSC670 6 3/4” 2 way front speakers installed with my brother’s help. Amazingly better sound quality! With bass turned all the way up, the speakers have decent kick to them now, enough to shake the side view mirrors. They definitely thump now. Sound quality is much more crisp and enjoyable. I’m no audiophile, but the stereo sounds plenty good now. I highly recommend these speakers for those looking to add inexpensive bass and clarity to their EX.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Insight Touring
729 Posts
Got my Kicker DSC670 6 3/4” 2 way front speakers installed with my brother’s help. Amazingly better sound quality! With bass turned all the way up, the speakers have decent kick to them now, enough to shake the side view mirrors. They definitely thump now. Sound quality is much more crisp and enjoyable. I’m no audiophile, but the stereo sounds plenty good now. I highly recommend these speakers for those looking to add inexpensive bass and clarity to their EX.
Glad it worked out for you. Having an EX rather than the "Premium" stereo Touring helps with changing speakers. The sound stage design on the EX isn't as ridiculous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts