Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New owner of 2019 Insight EX just put in 150 miles, and learning to drive like an old man trying to get that MPG up I have a heavy foot but so far so good.

Anyways the speakers comes with the car is ok for now, probably will changed it later perhaps after the sub, but what it really need is a Sub added to it, I have an EX model so it doesn't come with a factory sub, so I want to add one but I don't know how I can get access to the Infotainment anybody have instruction on how to take it off and wiring diagram so I can add a Sub to it, any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Romeo

·
Registered
455 Posts
You might want to try searching for 2018 Accord sub installs. Since they are similar setups, the instructions might be a good start. The ones I’ve seen tapped into the rear speakers, so no access to the head unit was necessary. I read warnings about the active noise control causing feedback too.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Don't know that much about audio, but I'm pretty sure the EX has a built in sub woofer.
No sub on the EX.

LX has 6 speakers. 2 front tweeters, 2 front door speakers, 2 rear speakers. All Pioneer.
EX has 8 speakers. Adds 2 rear tweeters to the LX. Also Pioneer.
Touring has 10 speakers. Adds a subwoofer and a front center dash speaker. All speakers are Foster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts