Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Insight side view mirrors are same as 2019 Civic side view mirror. So I think you can install Civic BSM to Insight.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
2019 Insight side view mirrors are same as 2019 Civic side view mirror. So I think you can install Civic BSM to Insight.
To clarify, are you referring to reapplying aftermarket Civic Blind Spot Monitors to the Insight? I don't think the Civic has any OEM Blind Spot Monitoring systems, and I only saw it on Accord at EX trims and higher. The OEM Blind Spot Monitors are sensors built into the side rear panels of the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To clarify, are you referring to reapplying aftermarket Civic Blind Spot Monitors to the Insight? I don't think the Civic has any OEM Blind Spot Monitoring systems, and I only saw it on Accord at EX trims and higher. The OEM Blind Spot Monitors are sensors built into the side rear panels of the car.

Yes, aftermarket kits. I can only find aftermarket BSM for 2019 Civic. So I went to Honda dealer this afternoon and took pictures of side view mirrors. I cannot tell difference between two vehicles. There is one thing I need to verify -- inside of side view mirror. Last year I bought aftermarket BSM for Toyota RAV4. But inside of side view mirrors are different between China version and US version.

Today I also took picture of Accord side view mirror. It can't use for Insight.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Aftermarket Blind Spot Monitoring

Guy who worked on my stereo says he can install bsm on my insight if I want. It's aftermarket and will hide behind the rear bumper sides. The lights would be installed somewhere in the cabin. Price.. a cool $900 installed.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Guy who worked on my stereo says he can install bsm on my insight if I want. It's aftermarket and will hide behind the rear bumper sides. The lights would be installed somewhere in the cabin. Price.. a cool $900 installed.
Sadly, Honda's MSRP increase from 19/20 Insight (with LaneWatch) to 2021 Insight (with Blind Spot Monitoring) is 'only' +$650 (excluding $60 increase in destination fee).

Will be interesting to re-check pricing for aftermarket install, once 2021 OEM parts become available... maybe it would bring the price down from $900 installed? But maybe not, since Honda charges a fortune for OEM parts?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Sadly, Honda's MSRP increase from 19/20 Insight (with LaneWatch) to 2021 Insight (with Blind Spot Monitoring) is 'only' +$650 (excluding $60 increase in destination fee).

Will be interesting to re-check pricing for aftermarket install, once 2021 OEM parts become available... maybe it would bring the price down from $900 installed? But maybe not, since Honda charges a fortune for OEM parts?
View attachment 5084
Well at least you can get the parts for 30% off online. I'm wondering if I could interface the new mirrors with the system Adam suggested so I can have lights on the mirrors with an aftermarket system. Of course, I have crimson Pearl and would now have to repaint some of the mirror since they dumped my color 😫

1 - 7 of 7 Posts