Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

does anyone happen to know if the 2019 insight have the same alignment specs as the 10th gen civics?

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 22000 miles on my Insight EX. When I went to dealer for the 20000 miles service (my second oil change) they told me that my car needs wheels alignment, but they don't have the computer program for Insight 2019 yet. I looked at a few other local dealers too, none has it. I'm not sure if it is related, but it has been a week that at speeds above roughly 45-50 mph I can hear a rattling or squeaking sound. It is more evident when I put my head closer to the back or bottom center of the car during driving. Also, when it's rainy, it is less evident. Any suggestion? I don't know what to do. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
I have 22000 miles on my Insight EX. When I went to dealer for the 20000 miles service (my second oil change) they told me that my car needs wheels alignment, but they don't have the computer program for Insight 2019 yet. I looked at a few other local dealers too, none has it. I'm not sure if it is related, but it has been a week that at speeds above roughly 45-50 mph I can hear a rattling or squeaking sound. It is more evident when I put my head closer to the back or bottom center of the car during driving. Also, when it's rainy, it is less evident. Any suggestion? I don't know what to do. Thanks.
That's a lot of miles on a car that isn't even a year old. You're going to blow through your 3 year/36,000 bumper to bumper warranty soon. :surprise: About the alignment, have you reached out to Honda corporate? https://owners.honda.com/help/customer-relations It's hard to say what could be causing that noise and diagnosing over the internet. I'm not a mechanic but I'm curious if you can upload an audio clip of the noise. Have you check for any damage or rodents underneath the car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's a lot of miles on a car that isn't even a year old. You're going to blow through your 3 year/36,000 bumper to bumper warranty soon. :surprise: About the alignment, have you reached out to Honda corporate? https://owners.honda.com/help/customer-relations It's hard to say what could be causing that noise and diagnosing over the internet. I'm not a mechanic but I'm curious if you can upload an audio clip of the noise. Have you check for any damage or rodents underneath the car?
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I drive a lot. I have extended warranty up to 100000 miles/7 years though.
I can't see any obvious damage including rodents etc. I will need to take it to mechanic or dealer. I'm waiting for the computer program for alignment to come, so I could at least take that out of equation ...
I am gonna bring the issue to Honda corporate as you suggested. It is non sense that they deliver a car but they don't provide an alignment capability. Seriously, this is not expected from Honda ....

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I drive a lot. I have extended warranty up to 100000 miles/7 years though.
I can't see any obvious damage including rodents etc. I will need to take it to mechanic or dealer. I'm waiting for the computer program for alignment to come, so I could at least take that out of equation ...
I am gonna bring the issue to Honda corporate as you suggested. It is non sense that they deliver a car but they don't provide an alignment capability. Seriously, this is not expected from Honda ....
I find it hard to believe that dealerships don't have the ability to do a wheel alignment on the Insight, yet. Considering wheel alignments are done every 6000 or so miles. The ones that bought the Insight in the summer probably have done 6000 miles by now.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I find it hard to believe that dealerships don't have the ability to do a wheel alignment on the Insight, yet. Considering wheel alignments are done every 6000 or so miles. The ones that bought the Insight in the summer probably have done 6000 miles by now.
I agree they should have everything in place to do the alignment. But I’d never have it done as long as the car tracks straight and the tires wear right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally my dealer called me regarding the alignment. Now they can do it. I'm going to do it on Saturday, plus a recall on rear camera.

I have a question and wonder if anybody knows the solution. During snow, when the radar is blocked and not working and we have no access to ACC, how can we use regular cruise control? Is it even possible?

·
Super Moderator
4,084 Posts
Finally my dealer called me regarding the alignment. Now they can do it. I'm going to do it on Saturday, plus a recall on rear camera.

I have a question and wonder if anybody knows the solution. During snow, when the radar is blocked and not working and we have no access to ACC, how can we use regular cruise control? Is it even possible?
To activate "regular" cruise control in any driving condition (i.e. snow or not) - press and hold the "interval" button for about 1 second. You'll see a green box appear between ACC and LKAS with the text "Cruise Control" indicating that just "regular" operation is engaged. To switch back to ACC/LSF, press and hold the "interval" button again for about 1 second.

On the camera recall, you may want to brace yourself for your settings to be reset... or proactively ask your dealer if they save and restore your settings before the reset for rear camera recall.

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts

I haven't had the chance to look through the Insight's owners manual but I remember reading the owners manual on my previous cars to not use cruise control during inclement weather. Found the below article from allstate explaining more about this.

Fact: Don’t Drive With Cruise Control in Wet Weather

While you may believe that driving at a consistent speed in rain or snow will increase your safety, driving with cruise control when the roads are wet may actually be more dangerous. The system’s sensors may be affected by the moisture, which means they may not be as reliable, says Edmunds. Additionally, you may not have the same traction as you would without cruise control. For example, when you take your foot off the gas to step on the brake, some of the car’s weight shifts to the front tires — providing a little more traction. With the cruise control on, you won’t have that shift and may not be able to gain traction as quickly as needed, according to Edmunds. Because cruise control is only disabled when you apply your brakes, it is best to turn it off before the roads are wet. https://www.allstate.com/blog/driving-safety-myth-or-fact/

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm sure you're wrong - no one does alignments that often. Alignment is very infrequent, as needed or perhaps every two to three years. You mean tire rotation. Tires can be rebalanced when they are rotated, but typically they are not.

Now I'm wondering if my complaint of squirrelly steering (I have to make frequent tiny adjustments) is due to alignment or balance? The dealer told me that Insight steering is meant to be a little bit soft. But I think it's defective.

·
Super Moderator
2,694 Posts
I'm sure you're wrong - no one does alignments that often. Alignment is very infrequent, as needed or perhaps every two to three years. You mean tire rotation. Tires can be rebalanced when they are rotated, but typically they are not.

Now I'm wondering if my complaint of squirrelly steering (I have to make frequent tiny adjustments) is due to alignment or balance? The dealer told me that Insight steering is meant to be a little bit soft. But I think it's defective.
Here in New England you pretty much need to do them at least once a year due to all the potholes. My Honda dealership recommends 6000 miles but I usually do a test on a straight road to see if my car is veering to one side without touching the steering wheel before I do an alignment.

https://www.friendlyhonda.net/blog/2016/august/3/5-signs-your-honda-needs-an-alignment.htm (Not my local honda dealership but most of them do list 6000 miles in my area)

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Just covering all the bases here, by any chance is your LKAS activated when the steering is wonky? I lowered the sensitivity on mine and it made a huge difference in the feel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts