Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found out today that I can't have bluetooth and android auto connected at the same time. I keep some music on my phone and playing it is cool, especially on a longer drive. Is there a way to play music on my phone (I use VLC) and still get nav display from android auto?
Update... I found that if I turn OFF google assistant in android auto, I can then play local music... weird. Have not tried voice controls since I did that...

Goofy...

Charlie

·
Registered
60 Posts
I play Google's Play Now and iHeart Radio. They are Android Auto compatible. I don't know if VLC is Android Auto Compatible. If it is, it should work inside Android Auto.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have music stored locally on my device. I use an app called Blackplayer (available for free or there is a paid EX version) which is compatible with Android Auto. It is a great player for android and lets you listen to that local music through the Android auto interface.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update.... I found an app called GoneMad music player that got good reviews. I've installed it and can use it in Android Auto in the house. Haven't had time to drive the car again yet but this looks promising...

Charlie

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have music stored locally on my device. I use an app called Blackplayer (available for free or there is a paid EX version) which is compatible with Android Auto. It is a great player for android and lets you listen to that local music through the Android auto interface.

The advice to try Blackwater as my music player is great advice!! On my phone, the built-in Google Music Play is a piece of junk, lacking in basic features and the interface is too jumpy to be usable.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts