Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S22 (Android 12) in March 2022, and up until a few days ago (third week of August 2022), Android Auto started right up when I connected the phone to the car via USB in my 2019 Honda Insight EX. It worked perfectly. And then a few days ago, I could not get Android Auto to connect to my car.

Since then I have tried what seems like dozens of things to try to get it to work. For example, I tried everything here, here and here. No success. I have tried three different USB cables, one of them brand new (never been used before) from Anker (each of these three other cables does charge the phone however). I have factory reset the car's infotainment system. I have disconnected the phone from my car's USB port, and then reconnected it. I removed the phone from the car's Android Auto list of phones, and then reconnected it. Android Auto on my phone seems to want to start, and things on the screen notification bar at the top indicate that Android Auto wants to start, but it never shows up on the car screen and the phone indicates I need to connect it via USB cable to the car (it is already connected). One odd thing which may (or may not) be a clue — Bluetooth pairing show's my phone's real named which is "Paige's S22" but the car's Android Auto settings list the phone as "No Name".

So, what should I do next?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,275 Posts
You use to be able to uninstall and then reinstall the Android Auto app to fix problems but Google has fully integrate it into the OS now. You should still be able to clear cache for the Android Auto app. Have you try that?

Font Technology Screenshot Terrestrial plant Software

You can also try deleting the vehicle from within the Android Auto app settings under "previously connected vehicle". Deleting the bluetooth profile of your phone on the vehicle and on the phone before connecting the usb cable after doing the above could help, too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
This appears to be a known issue with the July 24th update. I was in the middle of a vacation when it went T.U. on my in my Challenger. Got home and it is not connecting on my Insight either. Weird how it was working on the first 3 days of my trip then just gave up. Hopefully they get a fix out for my lesser S20. But apparently this is affecting, at the very least, every Samsung phone made since 2020.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This appears to be a known issue with the July 24th update. I was in the middle of a vacation when it went T.U. on my in my Challenger. Got home and it is not connecting on my Insight either. Weird how it was working on the first 3 days of my trip then just gave up. Hopefully they get a fix out for my lesser S20. But apparently this is affecting, at the very least, every Samsung phone made since 2020.
were you in military? I never heard anyone outside military use tu when something breaks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts