Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Android Auto not working - Previously did...

With the recent Android 9 update to my Galaxy Note -- I no longer get phone mirroring / Android Auto to the main screen.

Uninstalled the app and reinstalled but it's not mirroring anymore. Used to work perfectly. Anybody experience this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The last couple of weeks my Galaxy 4 has been having troubles connecting to Android Auto. I was not aware of an update. I just attributed it to a dodgy USB cable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, yesterday when I was leaving work, I couldn't get Android Auto to connect. I plugged and unplugged my phone, but I couldn't get it to work. I went online and found that others had the same problem, and with Apple Carplay as well.
It had worked fine in the morning, nothing had changed on my phone or the car.
I checked my system status and noticed that my system had been up for over 235 hours.
Time for a reboot!
I tried Power Pause Reverse Pause Neutral, it looked like it rebooted, but it was still showing 235+ hours of uptime.
Did a factory data reset and the hours went to zero.
Re-paired my phone over Bluetooth and plugged it in...
Android Auto started right up!
I still would like to know how to do a hard reboot without a factory data reset.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
I still would like to know how to do a hard reboot without a factory data reset.
The hard reboot requires perfect timing which even I have trouble doing. You will know that you did it right if you see the okay button grayed out on the disclaimer you see when the infotainment first boots up. I'm currently allowing my infotainment uptime go up until it reboots by itself. It's at 2800+ hours the last I checked a few days ago and still works fine with no issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The hard reboot requires perfect timing which even I have trouble doing. You will know that you did it right if you see the okay button grayed out on the disclaimer you see when the infotainment first boots up. I'm currently allowing my infotainment uptime go up until it reboots by itself. It's at 2800+ hours the last I checked a few days ago and still works fine with no issues.
Yeah, I was just impatient after trying it a few times. I had a lot of anxiety about AA not working, as it's one of my favorite features of the vehicle. It's cool that you are approaching 3000 hours and haven't needed to reboot. I'll see how long I can go this time...

·
Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX (White Orchid Pearl)
2,326 Posts
Yeah, I was just impatient after trying it a few times. I had a lot of anxiety about AA not working, as it's one of my favorite features of the vehicle. It's cool that you are approaching 3000 hours and haven't needed to reboot. I'll see how long I can go this time...
My infotainment system usually crash and reboots itself around 1,500-2,000 hours so this is my first time seeing it over 2,000+ hours. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
I have yet to initiate a reboot myself via button/gear selection process, since my car does it on its own. System uptime stays relatively low when I check it. This 'auto-reboot' happens for me when the antenna is blocked for an extended period of time (e.g. parked in garage overnight). The infotainment system resets itself when I pull out of the garage and external antenna contact is re-established (i.e. radio restarts).

Maybe give it a try; it's low/no risk... just need to find a garage that temporarily blocks antenna signal. It sounds overly simple, but has been working for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have yet to initiate a reboot myself via button/gear selection process, since my car does it on its own. System uptime stays relatively low when I check it. This 'auto-reboot' happens for me when the antenna is blocked for an extended period of time (e.g. parked in garage overnight). The infotainment system resets itself when I pull out of the garage and external antenna contact is re-established (i.e. radio restarts).

Maybe give it a try; it's low/no risk... just need to find a garage that temporarily blocks antenna signal. It sounds overly simple, but has been working for me.
My home has a garage. I park in it every night. To my knowledge, this has never triggered a reset. Although, to be fair, none of this was on my radar until yesterday when I couldn't listen to my podcasts or get AA working...

·
Super Moderator
3,306 Posts
My home has a garage. I park in it every night. To my knowledge, this has never triggered a reset. Although, to be fair, none of this was on my radar until yesterday when I couldn't listen to my podcasts or get AA working...
I'm not sure what it is about my garage that blocks signal. If your garage doesn't block antenna, maybe a similar effect could be achieved when parking in a concrete or underground parking structure. Cheap/easy to try, and check uptime before/after.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not sure what it is about my garage that blocks signal. If your garage doesn't block antenna, maybe a similar effect could be achieved when parking in a concrete or underground parking structure. Cheap/easy to try, and check uptime before/after.
Next time I'm downtown and have to use a parking structure I'll check.:wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts