Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm also a new Insight owner. Purchased a silver EX in mid November. No additional dealer-installed options. I've driven it just over 2k miles and have averaged 50 mpg or so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on your new car and first post. :) Did you pick up a 2019 or 2020 model?

A 2020. The local dealer here (Hoehn Honda) couldn't keep the EXs in stock. They were selling them before they even received them. I had to put money down to reserve it. Car had ten miles on it and had never been test driven beyond whatever the factory does. Waited over a week.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
A 2020. The local dealer here (Hoehn Honda) couldn't keep the EXs in stock. They were selling them before they even received them. I had to put money down to reserve it. Car had ten miles on it and had never been test driven beyond whatever the factory does. Waited over a week.
I had somewhat similar experience in purchasing 2019 Insight EX in Lunar Silver... but rather than deposit, I signed the full contract while it was in transit and made payment upon delivery. My dealer had white/white, white/black, and black/black on the lot, but I really wanted silver.

My local dealer "pre-advertises" on their website the inventory that is earmarked for them and en route, and had 2 silver EX's listed - one that they claimed was already sold, and the other which I purchased. They claimed that ~half the Insights were pre-selling before they arrived to the dealership, and as of today they have 19 Insights listed in inventory (1 2019 LX + 18 2020 models).

My Insight arrived ~2 weeks after contract date, similar to yours with just 'factory miles' on it. I had parking sensors installed... which I like and use as an add-on feature, but it was a painful process to complete (I got new front/rear bumpers within 1 month of purchase to re-do the botched install).

Glad those days of waiting are behind you and me both so we can now just 'drive.' :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had somewhat similar experience in purchasing 2019 Insight EX in Lunar Silver... but rather than deposit, I signed the full contract while it was in transit and made payment upon delivery. My dealer had white/white, white/black, and black/black on the lot, but I really wanted silver.

My local dealer "pre-advertises" on their website the inventory that is earmarked for them and en route, and had 2 silver EX's listed - one that they claimed was already sold, and the other which I purchased. They claimed that ~half the Insights were pre-selling before they arrived to the dealership, and as of today they have 19 Insights listed in inventory (1 2019 LX + 18 2020 models).

My Insight arrived ~2 weeks after contract date, similar to yours with just 'factory miles' on it. I had parking sensors installed... which I like and use as an add-on feature, but it was a painful process to complete (I got new front/rear bumpers within 1 month of purchase to re-do the botched install).

Glad those days of waiting are behind you and me both so we can now just 'drive.' :)

I ended up with a Lunar Silver one, myself. I would have preferred either shade of blue, and the lighter interior. But I didn't feel like being too picky. Besides, dirt doesn't show up as obviously on the silver. The one thing I really dislike about the car is the Lanewatch system. My Mazda3 had blind spot monitoring lights on the side mirrors and cross traffic alert when backing up. It's taken some time to adapt.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
I ended up with a Lunar Silver one, myself. I would have preferred either shade of blue, and the lighter interior. But I didn't feel like being too picky. Besides, dirt doesn't show up as obviously on the silver. The one thing I really dislike about the car is the Lanewatch system. My Mazda3 had blind spot monitoring lights on the side mirrors and cross traffic alert when backing up. It's taken some time to adapt.
Yeah, agree... blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert would be nice. It's the same sensor/mounting that makes this available, on the side rear-quarter panels. Sedan-wise, Honda only offers it on the Accord EX and higher trims. Even the Toyota Corolla offers blind spot monitoring as a feature, without having to go to the Camry...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, agree... blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert would be nice. It's the same sensor/mounting that makes this available, on the side rear-quarter panels. Sedan-wise, Honda only offers it on the Accord EX and higher trims. Even the Toyota Corolla offers blind spot monitoring as a feature, without having to go to the Camry...

The Corolla Hybrid didn't offer it, though. Which was one of a number of deal-breakers for me. Prius had it on the XLE trim level, but that was a few thousand over my price range.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
The Corolla Hybrid didn't offer it, though. Which was one of a number of deal-breakers for me. Prius had it on the XLE trim level, but that was a few thousand over my price range.
True... The Corolla Hybrid is such a 'basic' model (LE) that I ruled it out almost immediately. The CVT versions of the XLE and XSE have standard blind spot monitoring, and the LE and SE offer it as packages.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome, Insightful Deer!
Pics of your new car?

I'll have to take some new pics, because they're showing them all upside down when I upload them. Here's one, anyway. I'm sure one of the mods can flip it rightside up again.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts