Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving my 2019 White Orchid Pearl Insight but so many questions so here goes! :nerd:

• Why is the power button sometimes white and sometimes red? What causes it to change color?

• Has anybody purchased the rear bumper guard - the one near the trunk that protects from scratches? Brushed stainless steel?

• Really MISSING illuminated wiper stalk and headlight stalk. Aren't they lit up at night? Everything else is. What am I missing?

• LKAS almost feels like Tesla Auto Pilot - keeps you in the middle of the lane and the vehicle steers itself (kinda of). Very neat!

• Auto sensing wipers - what is the real position of the wiper stalk supposed to be after setting on AUTO? How many clicks down?

• Where the heck is the front hood release? Can't seem to locate it!

• Residual fuel -- when the gas gauge gets down to one or two indicators, how much gas do you think is in the tank?

Appreciate your time to respond and REALLY appreciate this group. :smile_big:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Loving my 2019 White Orchid Pearl Insight but so many questions so here goes! :nerd:

• Why is the power button sometimes white and sometimes red? What causes it to change color?

• Has anybody purchased the rear bumper guard - the one near the trunk that protects from scratches? Brushed stainless steel?

• Really MISSING illuminated wiper stalk and headlight stalk. Aren't they lit up at night? Everything else is. What am I missing?

• LKAS almost feels like Tesla Auto Pilot - keeps you in the middle of the lane and the vehicle steers itself (kinda of). Very neat!

• Auto sensing wipers - what is the real position of the wiper stalk supposed to be after setting on AUTO? How many clicks down?

• Where the heck is the front hood release? Can't seem to locate it!

• Residual fuel -- when the gas gauge gets down to one or two indicators, how much gas do you think is in the tank?

Appreciate your time to respond and REALLY appreciate this group. :smile_big:

White means the car is off. Red means the car is on.

No.

I don't think they're lit up, nor is there any way to make them light up.

Yes, it's cool.

One click down from the top position is Auto. If you rotate it you can set the speed. I have found that if you have the speed on the lowest setting, the Auto doesn't override it and it will only ever wipe intermittently. If you set the speed to max, then it will adjust itself from intermittent to fully on as required.

You talking about the button in the passenger compartment or the one under the hood? Under the hood is approximately center, and move it to the left, I believe, to release. The button in the car is on the left side of the driver's side footwell.

I'm not certain, but there are 10 "ticks" and a fuel tank capacity of 10.6 gallons. So, maybe a gallon a "tick?"

·
Registered
91 Posts
rear bumper protector - metal

Alpha642,

I purchased the metal rear bumper guard and I think it looks great on top of the rear bumper. Should be helpful when putting things in and taking things out of the trunk -- protecting the top of bumper.

Please note that the word INSIGHT is prominent on the metal and I like it, but not sure if you would think it is a bit gaudy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts