Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2019 Insight EX, and I'm jealous of my wife's 2021 Insight EX because of the latter's blind spot and cross-traffic detection system which I find vastly superior to the single LaneWatch camera in the 2019.

Two questions:
1. Is there any way to upgrade a 2019 Insight to the 2021 blind spot and cross-traffic system without switching cars?
2. Are there any differences at all between the 2022 Honda Insight and the 2021 Insight?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2019 Insight EX, and I'm jealous of my wife's 2021 Insight EX because of the latter's blind spot and cross-traffic detection system which I find vastly superior to the single side camera in the 2019.

Two questions:
1. Is there any way to upgrade a 2019 Insight to the 2021 blind spot and cross-traffic system without switching cars?
2. Are there any differences at all between the 2022 Honda Insight and the 2021 Insight?
I can't really answer your first question since I'm not sure, but for your second question I believe there were no changes between 2021 to 2022 except that they got rid of the base LX trim and raised the price of the EX and Touring trims by a small amount.

·
Super Moderator
2019 OWP Insight EX, 2021 PWP Insight EX
1,622 Posts
You'd need additional hardware to support a BSM/CT upgrade. Note sure what it entails, but it would, at a minimum require new mirrors. Not sure where the radar physically for BSM/CT exists otherwise. I don't believe software would be an issue as we all seem to be running the same version in our infotainment centers. If it can be deduced what's needed, the cost of doing so "a la carte" may make the upgrade more expensive than an outright vehicle replacement. I doubt any of the upgrade would be covered under the vehicle warranty (base or extended) as well.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Like hasarad said, it can be done, but it is cost prohibitive to a point where it makes less than sense. So, go ahead and get the cars repainted to swap the colors and swap the key in your wife's purse. With women and car she may never notice. :p

As for changes, they have made changes every year, they are normally just very subtle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like hasarad said, it can be done, but it is cost prohibitive to a point where it makes less than sense. So, go ahead and get the cars repainted to swap the colors and swap the key in your wife's purse. With women and car she may never notice. :p

As for changes, they have made changes every year, they are normally just very subtle.
That's funny and a great solution! If only she had purchased the same color car!

To sell my 2019 and purchase a 2021 would cost me a minimum of $4,000. Cost prohibitive in any case!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I have a 2019 Insight EX, and I'm jealous of my wife's 2021 Insight EX because of the latter's blind spot and cross-traffic detection system which I find vastly superior to the single LaneWatch camera in the 2019.

Two questions:
Franko here--I just purchased a 2022 Honda Insight Touring and got it from a large Central Florida Dealership. I drove 80 miles to get it. They had 2 , one an EX. The dealers are hurting , no cars. Lots empty of new cars. They had 6 new Civics and all sold in one day. There are no Insights along Fl. coast and none will even take a deposit. I just happened to stumble on one as it just came in. I wasn't really looking to trade my 2021 Touring but I get Itchy-Bon. So lets do it. Fantastic dealership. I'm scheduling a 6000 mile cross country trip shortly. I lucked out and it had Platinum White.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts