Gen 3 Insight Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
Just checked under my seats and I didn't see anything like that.. HOWEVER I do have a lot of corrosion on my head rests from the last three years.. I live in Florida and it's very humid here. I have posted about it in the past..

· Registered
11 Posts
My 22 doesn’t have that yet, but it’s not unusual to see light surface rust on bare metal components that are hidden from view. You mentioned the “side of the seat” is “discolored”; you are sure that’s related to rust?

I’m always more concerned about undercarriage rust, such as on exhaust components or around wheel arches. But your Insight is probably still too new to have any problems with that.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So I had it the undercarriage checked and all is ok. I guess it's just a Honda thing. Fortunately everything else is great with the car at 80+ K miles. The seat has rusty stains, not sure how but will put some elbow grease to it.

· Super Moderator
2019 Honda Insight EX
3,349 Posts
I was curious about this so I took a look under my seat. Didn't see any rust and my Insight is going through it's 4th Winter up here in Boston.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tire Wheel

Hood Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Also have a picture of the underbody that I took earlier this year. 3 years of New England Winter salt and barely any rust.
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

· Registered
2019 Touring CosBlu
290 Posts
Thanks for your input everyone! I picked up the car yesterday- everything good w/inspection. But-- today I noticed that there is rust under the seats on the metal frame- the side of the seat actually discolored from it (ivory interior). Wth??
This has me buggin a bit...Wondered if it's from the car being up north for a year with salt getting inside, etc??
Haven't seen the photos yet but my guess is that wet/salty shoes from the winter dripping towards the seat rails. (Assuming not flooded car). Even my 3D MAXpiders have a low lip at the end near the seat and water can always get through the latches.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I was curious about this so I took a look under my seat. Didn't see any rust and my Insight is going through it's 4th Winter up here in Boston.
View attachment 7766
View attachment 7765

Also have a picture of the underbody that I took earlier this year. 3 years of New England Winter salt and barely any rust.
View attachment 7767
Good to see you don't have any rust. I had the undercarriage checked on mine and it's ok...I'm going to get Katzkin seats installed on mine so I'm going to see if I can get the seat rails taken care of then.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts