Gen 3 Insight Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
I would have chosen the 2018 Civic EX or 2019 Civic Sport (both naturally aspirated engines), if I had to do it again. They still get an extended warranty versus base (participating state), are more known/available parts and technology, and would bypass this electric fee nonsense that doesn't pay out for me as a lower mileage driver. I just couldn't get a good enough deal on a Civic at the time.
But you will miss out on the following...

• Newer 10th gen Accord steering wheel
  • Newer infotainment system
  • Safer and better LED Headlights
  • Re-gen braking
  • Quietness when in EV mode
  • Owning a rare model car from Honda
:p

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
From the article in post #33, I learned that Oregon's "OreGo" program is pretty unpopular in the state:

"Just a small fraction of Oregon drivers have signed up or stayed with the OReGO program [...] about 1,600 people have signed up in the four years it has existed, and about 600 are currently participating." This has gone down from the 5000 that registered for the pilot in 2015, per the ArsTechnica article.

This is out of 4.1 million registered vehicles in Oregon (per DMV), and 3.1 million licensed drivers (per Oregon DMV).

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
From the article in post #33, I learned that Oregon's "OreGo" program is pretty unpopular in the state:

"Just a small fraction of Oregon drivers have signed up or stayed with the OReGO program [...] about 1,600 people have signed up in the four years it has existed, and about 600 are currently participating." This has gone down from the 5000 that registered for the pilot in 2015, per the ArsTechnica article.

This is out of 4.1 million registered vehicles in Oregon (per DMV), and 3.1 million licensed drivers (per Oregon DMV).
I think it has to do with the telematics device because no one wants to be tracked and give up their privacy. For MA, I think they can just record the mileage on the odometer when we come in for our annual car and emission inspection. Plus give hybrids and electric cars a discounted per mile fee for polluting less.

I see the above solution as fair because everyone would pay based on how much they use the road and the less polluting vehicles get a discounted rate. It's sort of how the gas tax works right now for hybrids. We use less gas so we pay less in gas tax.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts